Kevin Cook (@✈️)

Anyone think dressing up as security and posting on MLK Day is problematic or is it just me? I get it, it's a fantasy and role play, just seems like poor timing?
View attachment 28404951
I'm a PoC and I find your sentiments completely ridiculous. Stop trying to be offended by nothing.

I'm a PoC and I find your sentiments completely ridiculous. Stop trying to be offended by nothing.
Lol what?
Being a PoC has nothing to do with understanding this... Even though one may argue being black specifically and not getting it would be saddening to see though.
MLK Jr. day is a federal holiday in the states. For an American to dress up as a security guard and make the post on the day in reverence to a man who experienced such opposition to the plight of him and his people by law enforcement can be seen as being in poor tastes.
I don't take it offensively personally, but I can see why some might.

Reactions: Adlinazee
Lol what?
Being a PoC has nothing to do with understanding this... Even though one may argue being black specifically and not getting it would be saddening to see though.
MLK Jr. day is a federal holiday in the states. For an American to dress up as a security guard and make the post on the day in reverence to a man who experienced such opposition to the plight of him and his people by law enforcement can be seen as being in poor tastes.
I don't take it offensively personally, but I can see why some might.
People can take offence to it if they want...that's one them for reading something into this that wasn't intentional. They are to blame for their own thoughts. It's not exactly a niche costume that he is dressing up in and probably only 1 in a 1000 will even make such a connection. The only reason more than one of you here is criticising it is because one person pointed it out to you, and only now you see it. This is the problem with people making issues out of nothing: others start seeing things and being offended when they saw nothing wrong with it before. You could wrap some people up in cotton wool and they'd still find something to call 'problematic', that's just how they live their lives and that's the lens they see it through. The rest of us just need to try and keep as much of a distance from these types as possible and get on with life.

Amen! It's always the members who just joined LPSG a few months ago who try to bring up these nonsense topics.
Lol no one cares you've been here for a long time. Stop trying to belittle people who've only been here for a few months. Everyone has equal say on this website no matter how long they've been here

Reactions: diatomic92
Lol no one cares you've been here for a long time. Stop trying to belittle people who've only been here for a few months. Everyone has equal say on this website no matter how long they've been here
I'm just pointing out a trend....since they are new they are probably young (maybe University age) and usually American (as our Spanish friend pointed out), and have grown up in a society that teaches them to be offended by their own shadow. And tend to use things like 'lol' a lot.

Reactions: maxxxs
I'm just pointing out a trend....since they are new they are probably young (maybe University age) and usually American (as our Spanish friend pointed out), and have grown up in a society that teaches them to be offended by their own shadow. And tend to use things like 'lol' a lot.
You sound tired and petty

Oh the irony. This thread became toxic as fuck when people like you started inventing things to get offended about. We were enjoying it before then, so maybe you should be the one we say 'bye' to. So......Bye ;-)
Go have your cigarette bitch because it’s done

People can take offence to it if they want...that's one them for reading something into this that wasn't intentional. They are to blame for their own thoughts. It's not exactly a niche costume that he is dressing up in and probably only 1 in a 1000 will even make such a connection. The only reason more than one of you here is criticising it is because one person pointed it out to you, and only now you see it. This is the problem with people making issues out of nothing: others start seeing things and being offended when they saw nothing wrong with it before. You could wrap some people up in cotton wool and they'd still find something to call 'problematic', that's just how they live their lives and that's the lens they see it through. The rest of us just need to try and keep as much of a distance from these types as possible and get on with life.
You went off on a rant based off of your own intolerance to another person's comfort in expressing something they noticed in an open forum. There was no accusation nor condemnation, just a mention from the original poster.
I didn't take offense from Kevin's post nor the original poster's, but I do with yours. You think you should stay away from certain people, but I think most people should stay away from you. You brought the anger and hate to this from something else clearly and you can't seem to separate the two situations because this was not that serious.

Whoaaa didn't mean for it to get that serious. Also I'm not in uni, I'm well past that age and don't get offended by my own shadow. Just was pointing out the fact that his post was poor timing. But thanks for projecting your assumptions on me

Reactions: Versaillesxiv