Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, i just wanna say, me (19) and all my friends (including people you can think of as "straight") dont really care much about labels. We go out with whomever we're attracted to (not just their looks but also hobbies, interests, etc.), our friends (and most of our parents) are very supportive, all they care about is whether that person is lifting us up or draggin us down. We feel like labelling is like putting ourselves in boxes, we're young and we want to explore what's out there, there're much more to a relationship than just where the "meat" encounters.

I understand that labelling might give older queer people (or queer people in places of less acceptance) a sense of belonging, or a way to find themselves a place where they can feel safe and be who they are, but at some point, in certain communities, we gotta start aiming for a world where queer/straight division is much less a thing, and de-labelling does help. Love is love, more joys and less aches, that's all.

Btw, Kit, Joe, and all the cast members are just so cute together. I wish them success, and happiness, really hope they can stay friends long after Heartstopper. xx
I think it is really great that most kids today can be as sexually fluid and like whomever they like and date whomever they want to date. I know it certain parts of the world (or regions within countries) that level of comfort doesn’t exist, so it is still unexpected when someone isn’t straight. Regardless, I’m glad that kids feel less need to label since it so much less of a big deal. I suspect the Kit Connors of the world feel the same, and that’s why they wouldn’t feel the need to even speak to the subject where it not for their recent, instant fame. Especially, in a socially progressive place like the UK, most kids his age are probably unbothered.

I am so glad that this show is there for the rest of us who didn’t have it as easy.

Guys, i just wanna say, me (19) and all my friends (including people you can think of as "straight") dont really care much about labels. We go out with whomever we're attracted to (not just their looks but also hobbies, interests, etc.), our friends (and most of our parents) are very supportive, all they care about is whether that person is lifting us up or draggin us down. We feel like labelling is like putting ourselves in boxes, we're young and we want to explore what's out there, there're much more to a relationship than just where the "meat" encounters.

I understand that labelling might give older queer people (or queer people in places of less acceptance) a sense of belonging, or a way to find themselves a place where they can feel safe and be who they are, but at some point, in certain communities, we gotta start aiming for a world where queer/straight division is much less a thing, and de-labelling does help. Love is love, more joys and less aches, that's all.

Btw, Kit, Joe, and all the cast members are just so cute together. I wish them success, and happiness, really hope they can stay friends long after Heartstopper. xx
Shows like Heartstopper will making this much more of the norm, and that is wonderful. Having a show like this will HOPEFULLY make the weird “what is Kit’s sexuality” crowd disappear in future generations. People can just be people, and that’s amazing.

I’m asexual, and the creator said they are putting an Ace storyline in for Isaac. I’m 30 and I didn’t really understand my sexuality until like 2 years ago. Having a show like this when I was younger would have truly helped me. The next generation will save us, y’all.

That’s genuinely wonderful. The problem though is that there have been a lot of big steps backwards recently when it comes to LGBT rights around the world, and I just think more than ever before in the last few decades, we need to be a strong community.

lemme just commend you on this very mature comment of yours!!

I agree with everyone, a world unbothered by sexuality, unintrusive about what goes on inside in bedrooms is something everyone dreams of.

But, that is not the scenario across the vast majority of the world right now. LGBTQ rights in even progressive countries are being challenged. We are still a minority, and we still need people to reveal their positions, as allies or as queer. I don't think it's necessary to label ourselves. But we still need to see LGBTQ people spread out in the society, in education, in law, in government, in entertainment and so on. It is always a terrible risk to come out, especially for public figures. And I believe that should be upto the individual's choice. But I won't pretend that it's not important to come out.

lemme just commend you on this very mature comment of yours!!

I agree with everyone, a world unbothered by sexuality, unintrusive about what goes on inside in bedrooms is something everyone dreams of.

But, that is not the scenario across the vast majority of the world right now. LGBTQ rights in even progressive countries are being challenged. We are still a minority, and we still need people to reveal their positions, as allies or as queer. I don't think it's necessary to label ourselves. But we still need to see LGBTQ people spread out in the society, in education, in law, in government, in entertainment and so on. It is always a terrible risk to come out, especially for public figures. And I believe that should be upto the individual's choice. But I won't pretend that it's not important to come out.
Totally agree. We need everyone possible to come out as LGBTQ+ rights are being challenged.
Always brave people that push us forward.

Reactions: Perci1978
Totally agree. We need everyone possible to come out as LGBTQ+ rights are being challenged.
Always brave people that push us forward.
Kit is an eighteen year old, barely an adult!! He IS entitled to his privacy. Particularly when he is from a country where the situation is almost normal, queerness is acceptable.

As an actor who played the role of a gay teen, it really isn't his responsibility to look after the community. I absolutely don't think we should expect so much from an eighteen year old. We have better representation, more adults, more public figures fighting for the community.

I support his wish for privacy while maintaining that in many situations, coming out is important. And that coming out should ALWAYS be based on the choice of the individual.

Plot twist he's in a relationship with Sofia softoosys brother hahaha
There's literally screenshots in this thread of Sofia commenting online that they're not. For the love of all things holy, STOP with this silly obsession you've developed over making them a couple.

I don't think sexuality is something very private to talk about unless you are living in a country where being gay is criminalized. If assuming some adult gay is redeemed as offensive, then I've been offended since I was a little boy coz everyone just presume you as straight and ask you who your lil gf is.
Like someone said, we have witnessed the first active soccer player coming out in Britain. The only reason why Kit circling about his sexuality question is, just on contrary to his answer, he's NOT comfortable about his sexuality, he fears that he would lose big movie roles in the future or get audiences disappointed for queer-baiting.
Also, I don't think it's logical to be mad over those issues. You are an actor and you gained fame through this queer show, you should have expected that ppl gotta be curious about your identity.

Jake Daniels [has] taken the brave step of coming out as the UK's ONLY gay male professional footballer. Inspirational and a huge step forward.
That's commendable! But we shouldn't expect or demand that from everyone who has just turn 18, it's unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.