Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think he stayed holed up in a hotel room the entire time. There are ways to move around by car more discreetly and venues which can provide greater privacy to their celebrity clientele. However, it definitely meant that public appearances weren't controllable, especially involving rabid fans!:(
I actually feel much sorrier for the young lady involved because you just know she'll be targeted and harassed online by nosey fans, especially those crazier ones who are pissed off that she may be having a romantic relationship with Kit!:(
That said, any experienced PR team or advisors could have told Kit to expect this situation likely taking place > he's hardly the first young celebrity to experience such a media and fan frenzy and certainly won't be the last one either!:( It's just the unfortunate reality of being a red-hot celebrity in the privacy-invading public eye and sadly always will be!:(

a.k.a stupid immature straight girls who fetishize gays and gay couples and get angry with actors if they try to break their fantasy bubble with the raw truth.
That doesn't apply solely to straight girls - as anyone who has scrolled through the comments in this thread will realise.

I don't really think he stayed holed up in a hotel room the entire time. There are ways to move around by car more discreetly and venues which can provide greater privacy to their celebrity clientele. However, it definitely meant that public appearances weren't controllable, especially involving rabid fans!:(
Actually I've read around that people broke into his hotel on the first night.
I'd be terrified to leave, honestly. I feel so bad for him.

Actually I've read around that people broke into his hotel on the first night.
I'd be terrified to leave, honestly. I feel so bad for him.
Most fans are respectful, supportive and sane > but the sad reality is that there will always be rabid, privacy-invading nutjobs like these!:( Not condoning their behavior at all > just stating the factual reality which has always existed for major celebrities in the public spotlight. And social media has definitely made this situation even worse since fans everywhere are now armed with camera phones, often behaving even more obtrusively than the hated paparazzi!:(

Most fans are respectful, supportive and sane > but the sad reality is that there will always be rabid, privacy-invading nutjobs like these!:( Not condoning their behavior at all > just stating the factual reality which has always existed for major celebrities in the public spotlight. And social media has definitely made this situation even worse since fans everywhere are now armed with camera phones, often behaving even more obtrusively than the hated paparazzi!:(
I hope we're not forced to have the Paris trip taped on studio because of crazy fans haha

Reactions: petercamp88
As if she's "only" his "best" friend, someone saw them kissing in Paris, I don't think "best friends" made out mouth to mouth lol I understand though Paris is a very romantic city, I used to live there
Incredible how you guys spread rumors like this and be ok with that..."someone saw"...Jesus....Sof ifself already told they are not dating and they are only friends...How do you guys create a reality on your minds and actually believe that is true no matter what?
sick...

I hope we're not forced to have the Paris trip taped on studio because of crazy fans haha
I don't think they will film the trip to Paris in a studio because in the graphic novel there are many important locations but at least the hotel room and other things can be filmed in a sets and then the exteriors can be filmed in a Parisian location.

Reactions: Zi19
Welcome to the world of mega-fame, playing a romantic gay character in a a smash-hit global series which spurs a tsunami of public questions about your sexuality and puts Kit in the unenviable position of pissing off and disappointing certain nosey fans regardless of whatever information he chooses to provide!:(
And playing Nick for the next few years means these invasive, but highly predictable questions about his sexuality won't be going away anytime soon, regardless of how many of us readily acknowledge his right to keep this information strictly private!:(
And what I've noticed is that it's more Kit who gets overwhelmed by the fans or the paparazzi, the rest of the cast are super calm on their trip to Paris and nothing is going on with them. Of course, there are also other factors that go into it all.

What you're talking about is usually is expensive AF and would typically fall to either the entertainer in question or the studio. Obviously, Netflix isn't doing all that for this cast lol. There's levels to "celebrity".

I've noticed people in this forum just label every actor/musician as a celebrity with certain perks but that's not really the case. Some of these people are just winging it, they don't all have PR teams and security and private cars and access to exclusive venues. Kit might legit just have a shitty time in public for the foreseeable future

I think the difference in that case would be that they're working, which means the studio would shut down locations and restrict access to film, set up their living arrangements, figure out transportation to and from set, etc

Reactions: Zi19
If he came out as “straight” or even as a strong ally then that would definitely alienate a large portion of the impressionable teen audience that the show appeals to and would definitely hurt viewership for upcoming seasons.
no

That is a really valid point! Most fans are well-aware that the Paris summer trip is a major plotline in volume 3 and most of us know that exterior filming will take place in the early Fall > so you can bet there will be crowds armed with cameras during production outdoors!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.