Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'd rather more queer representation from an actor who is actually from the community. Though If you think about that is very hard to find a queer teen boy especially with the very features from the webcomic (blonde, tall, muscled) and besides he's got to be an actor. So, I'm pretty sure he's straight, but I don't see any problems with that.

Reactions: petercamp88
Apparently Netflix were made to cast actors of the same sexuality and race of the character they were playing.
and he initially auditioned for Charlie's role, and Charlie's casting call asked for "openly gay, young, dark-haired boy" if i remember correctly

When we want the return of the unsourced sexuality discourse we'll ask, thanks Raylor!

Anyway, this version looks slightly bigger, so:

FWbH0JkX0AAKKXl

It's the visible nipple for me :weary_face:

If he came out as “straight” or even as a strong ally then that would definitely alienate a large portion of the impressionable teen audience that the show appeals to and would definitely hurt viewership for upcoming seasons.
Agreed, BUT > here's the reality check on this specific strategy though:
Kit will be playing this role for the next couple of years and these sexuality questions definitely won't be going away, especially when each new season drops > So how do you realistically keep your romantic life/sexuality truly private in the age of all pervasive social media where rabid fans are all armed with cameras recording your every movement in public?
Kit will eventually be filmed by privacy-invading fans in some obviously romantic "dating" situations out in public > so while he can continue to maintain radio silence about his sexuality, which is his perfect right, at some point the answer will be likely become very obvious as he's continually stalked out in public by fans

And at some point, it may be better for Kit to bite the bullet and make a definitive statement down the road, even if he certainly has the right to privacy, because continuing not to say anything not only puts him in a can't win position, but also his entire circle of friends, family, and dating partners who also need to all be on the same PR playbook strategy page here!:(

When we want the return of the unsourced sexuality discourse we'll ask, thanks Raylor!

Anyway, this version looks slightly bigger, so:

FWbH0JkX0AAKKXl

It's the visible nipple for me :weary_face:
This is actually a promo photo for Kit's new Netflix series > "Drainstoppers"!:)

Reactions: Askmark
BINGO! I don't understand misinformed fans who continue to believe there was an absolute casting requirement that actors auditioning for Charlie, Nick, Tara, etc had to be either openly or undisclosed Gay/Lesbian > This is most definitely NOT the case!

Reactions: Zi19
Status
Not open for further replies.