Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Had some fun at 34th last night. Took a while because an old guy was creeping in the sauna, but near closing time there were 4 of us jerking in the sauna together, then across from each other in the showers (if you were there, hit me up/hopefully see you again soon). The janitor completely minded his own business-it was late so he had to mop the floors, but he didn't linger.

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
After today, i think I’m gonna stop using saunas and steam rooms. Went to crunch tribeca for a workout and afterwards I hit the sauna and some guy was coughing, so i immediately left.
He appeared to be quite sick, because even after he got out and was changing, he was still coughing quite a bit. And he wasn’t wearing a mask.

I’m FULLY vaccinated, and I wear my mask, but if people are sick, and are still coming to the gym to use the sauna and the steam rooms, then I’m just gonna not use them at all. It isn’t fair. If you’re sick, please just stay home.

inside_man

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Rock center (very large locker room so it's impossible for the attendants to keep an eye on things)
Columbus Circle during the day. Evenings are a little too crowded to get anything going
50th street used to have tons of action during the day, but I haven't been in a while.
other locations are hit or miss.
You can find action at most of the Equinox locations--I've hooked up at Rock Center, Columbus Circle, 50th street, Bryant park, soho, orchard street, bond street. Columbus Circle & 50th street were both super good for cruising for a long time. I work from home so prefer to work out midday or in the afternoon when it's quieter. This means there are fewer guys to choose from, but when you do connect in the steam room, you're much less likely to be interrupted. Guys with good face & body get the most attention (obv). Equinox is full of "high self esteem" gays looking for similar.

thattjackal

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Any thoughts on EQX these days? They seem to be fairly quiet…
Sometimes there are just a couple of trolls sitting around that no one really wants to play with or around at the EQX's I've been going to. Very offputting, but mostly everyone that's in the steam room would probably be down to do something with the right group of guys. Had an amazing experience today at the westchester eqx

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There seems to be more guys just waiting around for hours at a time for some fun which can ruin mood if you’re not into them.
Trolls! I'd say what I've found over all these years at any cruisy gym it's that guys that have hours to spend trying to get even the slightest glimpse of a penis are the least likely to get the attention they are seeking. I think they're mentally caught in a cycle that borders addiction. Also, for me guys like this have like an anxious energy that they put out - it's the opposite of sexy.

The hottest guys go to workout, and if anything happens in the locker room it's a bonus. They don't spend hours cruising because they can go out in the real world and hook up with thousands of other guys. If they see someone they're into they shoot their shot, cum quick and then get back to the rest of their day. I had always imagine Eqnx would be like that b/c it's all models and high earners

JPLN98

Expert Member
Media
The Bronx, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Apparently, excessive.
I was actually there the night of and knew this would happen. I believe all of us read the room well… this straight guy was in there. He had his body completely turned away from everyone. He was turned to the side and also had a towel over his head! But two guys, clearly didn’t give a fuck and started going at it, the bottom was literally on his knees. They were so loud and the guy getting head started moaning hella loud when he nutted and the straight guy went OFF! He yelled out CUT IT OUT and he looked as though he was ready to fight! Then the attendants came in and closed the steam room, it was like 30 mins or so before closing and the guy refused to leave because he said he was unable to enjoy the steam room and he told what happened. It was so fucking reckless. I truly believe it’s going to close, it’s just a matter of time!

Susanonyc

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
38th used to be really easy. I swear. I guess things have changed. I haven’t been in months since I canceled my membership, but there are videos of guys jerking and playing around in the showers at 38th. I can send you the link if you want proof lol. It’s not as easy to play in as other gyms, because there’s no steam and the sauna is small. But the action at that gym used to be really hot and consistent. It might help to try being the guy kicking the action off.
For anyone looking for the video

mikemikenj

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Details!!! We’re you in the handicap shower?

Yeah I was. I definitely walked around naked from the lockers to the handicap shower and I was rocking a semi also. I got many, many stares and guys didn't even try to hide it and they were very obvious lol. So I go into the handicap shower and leave the curtain halfway open and start stroking and before I knew it guys were coming in because there is a connecting shower on the left side. I'm talking big buff dudes who couldn't believe what I was packing and it was fucking hot. They were still trying to play with me by the urinals and even when I was back at my locker. One of them even wanted me to fuck him and I was like this is where I draw the line lol. I'll be back this week lol

Jt9123

Experimental Member
Media
Finally saw some action for the first time at the Equinox Rockefeller on Monday. So hot, and it was my first time seeing any action after being an Equinox member for a month. First time at Rockefeller too - I've been frequenting Greenwich, Bond, Printing House, and Williamsburg, but haven't seen anything at those. Did I just get lucky or is Rockefeller a lot cruisier?

What happened:

I was in the sauna, and Hot Guy 1 entered. Then Hot Guy 2 entered and Guy 1 left. It was just me and Guy 2, and it seemed like he was rubbing his crotch a little under his towel, but I'm not sure...

Anyways, I went to get a drink and went back to the sauna. Guy 2 was still there, but now Guy 1 was sitting VERY close to Guy 3... They left. A couple minutes later, I went into the steam room, and saw Guy 1/Guy 3, so I sat near them. They started jerking each other off, and me and Guy 4 also joined in. Unfortunately, it was time to close the steam room a minute later, and I'm not sure if Guys 1/3/4 did anything in the showers.

Guy 2 was just my type, so now I'm wondering if he was also watching Guy 1/3 in the sauna and would have joined in.

Samara010

Cherished Member
Media
I just saw that they're available on gympass. Can you tell us more about the types of guys that go, the locker room / shower / steamroom / sauna setups? Is it a nude friendly locker room or lots of towel dancers?
main locker room has 3 bays, and 4 showers. Too busy/visible for fooling around.

Through a door at the end of the locker room is the setup for sauna, steam, and 4 more showers. All showers have frosted glass so silhouette's are barely visible. There's 2 showers in the back that face each other and the doors can be open in a way for a little privacy, but it's rare.

Sauna fits about 6 people comfortably with big glass windows visible to the rest of the locker room, so not much action there.

Steam room has a glass door that fogs up, so you can't really see in, but people can see out to know if someone is about to walk in. Steam room is fairly large. This is where the play happens.

Recently a sign went up saying people need to cover up when in the sauna/steam, but it's maybe about half ignored. The people who went in full nude before are still nude, and the ones who covered up with a towel/underwear/trunks still do that. Staff doesn't seem to care (no one is doing checks. It seems more of just a warning/be careful/be respectful...but yeah, lots of people are still full nude in the locker room). There is some towel dancing, but only to decipher who is in what room for what reason. I'd say it's the typical etiquette. If you see someone going in with swimsuit or underwear, you know they're just there to sit. It's pretty easy to read the room.

Lots of variety on type of guys: monster dicks, regular dicks, variety on race, age, body type. No one seems to be too pushy. Can't think of any trolls.

Latinmonster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey,
Coming for NYC pride this week. 38yo Israeli Jock.
Read this thread intensively but some of the data is constatntly changing.
Would love some advice regarding options for a gym that will allow a good workout combined with steamroom action with nyc finest men :)
Several years ago I went to a David Barton and it was a fantastic combination of workout and fun.
Spcifically would like to know regarding each chain (TMPL, Equinox, Crunch) what is my current best option in each of them?
Many thanks in advanced!
Hey bro, I go to Crunch. Suits me well. Good equipment, not extremely busy and (some) men are hot. There are a couple units with sauna including the one I attend on 38th. DM me if you would like to go one of the days. I'm 36 yo, fit, bi and very hung.

robbiebk

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Regardless of the hookup culture, I thought EQX Greenwich was hot (sexy steam room though I didn't feel like hooking up with anyone the day I did my trial, I totally would if given the chance in the future) and - most importantly - an impressive gym. Now if only I could find someone willing to bankroll a membership for me as it currently is priced at a monthly fee that is almost half of what I already pay in rent.

Myhey123123

Experimental Member
Media
I miss the days of trying to use a gym shower or steam bath for an actual steam or shower without being followed or bothered.
Yea this is what I was referring to above, I like the option of being freaky but when it’s intense 24/7 it’s kind of like a trashy bathhouse

jjb10

Expert Member
Media
Yeah, I was there yesterday for the first time (usually go to 34th) and it was just so blatant. This one guy would walk into the steam and then right back out and into the sauna, then back again only to leave immediately and cruise the shower stalls.

Part of the allure in cruising at the gym is the subtle cues and body language, which is impossible when you’ve got people coming and going constantly.

That, combined with the fact that they’re intent on disrupting everyone’s fun if they aren’t getting the attention they want/think they deserve…
The guy with the giant curly hair needs to freaking cool it. It’s too much.

I’ve seen some guys fully clothed standing in front of the showers watching. For those who don’t know, the steam sauna and shower are in the back of the locker room. So when you go back there, that’s all you are going for. So to be all the way in front of the showers…fully clothed….is wild. I do feel bad there are straight guys there in the sauna and some of these ppl will still be flopping their cocks around blatantly. Cruising should be catching a vibe and reading the room and making sure all parties are on the same page thru signaling. Not just whipping it out, hoping for the best in a large group. and some just don’t get the hint on maybe YOURE the reason no one else is playing along. FYI there is a gym attached- use it!!!

Dj10001dj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I feel like no location is easy to play in tbh. It depends on the crowd and if there are guys looking to play. As far as muscleheads, they are pretty equal but I think the Williamsburg location has the hottest guys.

There are a couple that are way easier to play in.

Flatiron and w76th are both cavernous locker rooms with lots of nooks to play in. They lend themselves to being able to fuck in both. Highline steam is exposed but you can see anyone coming so is also easier to play in steam (not so easy outside of steam). Sports club is great for being able to subtly play in the jacuzzi or fuck in the showers. Tribeca midday steam can be awesome for fucking. E61 is amazing for tons of space to play, the steam is enormous, and the showers are even situated in a way that you can play - just low number of jocks that go to this location.

W50th steam has lots of action but it has to be right guys and there’s no where to play outside steam. Greenwhich is fun because people are so bold, but again busy and hard to find space to do anything but jerk. Nomad has no place to play but steam. Bond is also extremely hard to play at, despite having lots of hot and willing guys.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Doing my research rounds at Crunch and hit up Tribeca yesterday around 5pm.

Well, there's lots of guys there that want to hook-up, and the setup makes it easy. The showers are a viable option as they have opaque curtains and are deeply recessed so staff can't easily see if two people are in a stall. The steamroom is dark and as long as you're not directly in front of the door you should be good to go, however the sauna is a bright terrarium more or less and hooking up would be challenging.

All this said, the vibes were weird...lots of thirsty men with no one to light a match and get things going. Off to the midtown east crunch later today.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you think if they convert it to a sauna, cruisings gonna go down? it honestly seems like everyone at TMPL knows the sauna/steamroom is gay friendly so why would anyone even care? although i haven't been a member that long..:/
Nah, the dudes at TMPL are gonna hook up no matter what. Stuff goes down in the bathroom stalls and the last two rows of lockers steamroom or not.