Racism in the LGBT community.

100% true!
Colorism affects every minority - straight people and LGBT people - but how common do you think colorism is with the LGBT community as a whole?
Where does simple preference end and "colorism" begin? Or, do you consider all preference based on skin color as "colorism?" If so, what do you say to people who prefer redheads or blondes? Do you propose legal or social penalties for those who engage in such "colorism?" Or, is "colorism" an empty complaint, so broad in its application that it has no real meaning?

Reactions: bigboaster
It's an easy conclusion to come to when people are often accused of being racist... simply for being against race swapping characters, especially on social media. That is why I asked first? I didn't automatically assume you thought that... No need to get defensive buddy. Thanks for clarifying then.
The civil folks who simply don’t like race-swapping are massively outnumbered by the people who harass and slander black artists who play these roles day in and day out, like the girl who played Ariel who dealt with that for four years.
That IS racist. That’s what a good deal of people defending these casting decisions are trying to say. The civil one who just don’t like it aren’t the issue.

Although, there very much can be a conversation about how people who claim to “simply be against race-swapping of characters” and then get overly defensive over the idea that there could be any racism behind that, while ignoring the aforementioned harassment black artists deal with.

Not only that, but many people who complain about these casting choices have never complained about the long and messy history of whitewashing in cinema. White Jesus, white Maria in West Side Story (in brownface no less), and actress Anna May Wong being turned down for Asian roles in favor of white actresses, all these things come to mind.

Besides, my point was how unhinged the gay guy I met had to be about the Ariel thing.

I find that most people tend to stay with their own. Speaking for myself, I'm Mexican but I don't discriminate at all. I haven't just been with Latino guys I've been with black guys and white guys as well.
That's awesome.
I'm black, and I've been with Latin, Asian and white guys.
I'm poly, with 4 boyfriends - two are Latin, and two are white.
I'm 27 years old, turning 28 next month; one is 27yo (he lives in Los Angeles), the second is 35 (he lives in Nevada, but he's originally a New Yorker; I'm moving to be with him), the third is 23 (he lives in Russia), and the fourth is 20 (he lives in Washington State).
And - right now - I'm in New Jersey, thousands of miles away from any of them.

That's awesome.
I'm black, and I've been with Latin, Asian and white guys.
I'm poly, with 4 boyfriends - two are Latin, and two are white.
I'm 27 years old, turning 28 next month; one is 27yo (he lives in Los Angeles), the second is 35 (he lives in Nevada, but he's originally a New Yorker; I'm moving to be with him), the third is 23 (he lives in Russia), and the fourth is 20 (he lives in Washington State).
And - right now - I'm in New Jersey, thousands of miles away from any of them.
No shade but if you pick up another boyfriend can you drop one my way . I’m sure you’ll rebound faster than me . We around the same age lol I just need one .

Jesus, meanwhile i can't even find one I'd like to spend a day with.
I was lonely, too.
Polyamory was my solution, and my boyfriends are all supportive of me being poly, which is wonderful.
And they all know about each other (I've always been upfront and direct about me being poly & in relationships with multiple people).

You made me smile and laugh for the first time in weeks!
I really needed that laugh, after the rough few weeks I've had.
I’m glad I could make you laugh ! I hope whatever you’re going through makes you stronger and that you come out of it better and laughing harder. You are loved and valued !

I’m glad I could make you laugh ! I hope whatever you’re going through makes you stronger and that you come out of it better and laughing harder. You are loved and valued !
Thank you!
My bf and I had our most intense argument over the last few days.
I dumped him, but we made up yesterday and we worked things out.
I also think learning his attachment style (I just posted a thread about that) truly did save our relationship.

Reactions: Kinglmao
I was lonely, too.
Polyamory was my solution, and my boyfriends are all supportive of me being poly, which is wonderful.
And they all know about each other (I've always been upfront and direct about me being poly & in relationships with multiple people).
Yeah I don't think that works for me.

Also the fact i don't like people easily, three or four would be an impossibility for me honestly.
I understand.
I just want to clarify - in my situation specifically, polyamory also greatly helped me cope with abandonment issues from my siblings.
So that, plus me wanting more independence in my life, are pretty much the reasons I became polyamorous in 2018.

Reactions: Kinglmao