Racism in the LGBT community.

Wait what is the answer?

Generally Asian men in western media are very de-sexualized, there are definitely changes that have been happening thankfully but very recently (I'd point to Manny Jacinto as an example of that, in fact), but it's not a change that's going to happen over night. And as a couple people have pointed out SE Asian men in particular are very over looked. There's just a lot of things in Hollywood that need to change in this regard.

Generally Asian men in western media are very de-sexualized, there are definitely changes that have been happening thankfully but very recently (I'd point to Manny Jacinto as an example of that, in fact), but it's not a change that's going to happen over night. And as a couple people have pointed out SE Asian men in particular are very over looked. There's just a lot of things in Hollywood that need to change in this regard.
I mean I agree with all of that. But Manny has been thirsted over for a long time tbh, since Good Place.

I think the reason people are only now "finding out about him being hot" is because it's Star Wars (way more eyes), I think some of these people didn't know who he was before this show... And he is showing skin now I guess compared to before? Which isn't even accurate but again. His previous projects had less viewers probably.

But your overall point is valid.

I mean I agree with all of that. But Manny has been thirsted over for a long time tbh, since Good Place.

I think the reason people are only now "finding out about him being hot" is because it's Star Wars (way more eyes), I think some of these people didn't know who he was before this show... And he is showing skin now I guess compared to before? Which isn't even accurate but again. His previous projects had less viewers probably.

But your overall point is valid.
That's fair enough

I guess in my love of The Good Place I didn't take into consideration that star wars is, in fact, bigger :joy::joy::joy:

As far as I know, he can't afford it no. Honestly I doubt he'd get treated equally here, as Indian and South/SE Asian men in general feel very invisible in gay communities. It's a tough situation to be in so I just try to support him
Yeah it’s not ideal for Asians here in the US. Especially Asian men, when it comes to beauty standards. There’s the bullshit idea that Asian men are somehow “unattractive” and “have small dicks.”
Both of which are massive crocks of bullshit. But y’know, white supremacy. So deeply ingrained in our society.

I've noticed this a lot. It's not even an insult to these ratty white guys. I love a goofy, imperfect, weird looking guy, but you'll never see people thirsting over a goofy, imperfect weird looking non white guy. You have to be exceptional.

Even IF a non white man IS exceptional sometimes it doesn't matter. Sometimes people won't even pay attention to them. Like recently around twitter there were suddenly a lot of thirst tweets over Manny Jacinto that were like "Why did I never notice he's so hot before?" and this man is SUPER handsome, and has a killer body. They pointed it out ALL THE TIME on The Good Place so it's not like it's a new development. And yet people are like "hm why am I just NOW noticing?" and it feels like well I could tell you why you always over looked him, but you're not going to like the answer lmao
Always hated that crap, you have to be smoking hot as a poc person to be noticed among the blandest of white men.

Yes, very true.
If you've seen the show, "Beef", I find the characters and story fascinating.
And I have a crush on Young Mazino, but that's a different story for a different day.
I'm black and have dated Asian guys before.

...you'll never see people thirsting over a goofy, imperfect weird looking non white guy. You have to be exceptional.

Even IF a non white man IS exceptional sometimes it doesn't matter. Sometimes people won't even pay attention to them.
And yet people are like "hm why am I just NOW noticing?" and it feels like well I could tell you why you always over looked him, but you're not going to like the answer lmao
That's exactly the truth, and I think a lot of people have yet to come to terms with it. The playing field for white and non-white people is different, especially if you don't fit into the stereotypical masculine mold.

For a lot of my life I felt pressure to be other people's image of "a man" and act in ways that I realize now are toxic to be accepted, by men of all colors and sexualities. Ever since I embraced my feminine side and who I really am, it's been a struggle to block out the negative voices and even be seen a lot of the time. Just daring to be myself has made dating and hookups a lot harder. People will criticize a bigger black man for doing the same thing they love some skinny white men for and not bat an eye...it just really bothers me.

Having a preference for stereotypical masculinity is fine, but when people feel pressure to change everything about themselves at risk of feeling "invisible" in a community that's supposed to show all colors and stripes of life, reflection is definitely necessary.

I laughed, but only for awhile.
My man cheated and I was furious.
I decided to take him back, after we separated for a month.
But I'm still working on healing my resentment and anger to forgive him.
Just yesterday, I did tell him, "Me and you are exclusive. No third parties, please."
Then, since he hates constant communication, I also mentioned I'm taking a hiatus offline; I'm coming back when he doesn't know.
Cheaters need to be taught to stay in their place - so him missing me is perfect karma.
And you think enabling cheaters by taking them back is the solution? And you think a person who would cheat in the first place would seriously miss the person on whom he cheated?

Reactions: 12loner and Kanashi
Speaking of racism I wish Native American men ( and women ) were more appreciated. They are beautiful and culturally rich . Their hair is always a beautiful texture . They really should be admired more by everyone for the intellect and beauty . I never alot of Native American men or women in my area or even on tv , or even in threads online .

Funnily enough, i feel like I'm starting to be more appreciated now (I don't really care anymore, cause that shit is dumb as hell) than before, mainly because my white peers near or over 30 are starting to age like milk, dude I knew was gorgeous at 25/26, and in 2/3 years has aged like 9 all of a sudden and this isn't the first time I see it happening.

Speaking of racism I wish Native American men ( and women ) were more appreciated. They are beautiful and culturally rich . Their hair is always a beautiful texture . They really should be admired more by everyone for the intellect and beauty . I never alot of Native American men or women in my area or even on tv , or even in threads online .
I've thought about this a lot too. Connor Kenway from the Assassin's Creed III is indigenous and he's absolutely stunning, probably my favorite fictional character of Native American ancestry. I also remember there being a comedy/drama on Hulu, Reservation Dogs, that focuses on Native American life in the Midwest now. Season 1 was pretty funny and D'Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai is beautiful. Agreed that native culture and beauty constantly goes unappreciated.

Does it really need to change? I used to think the same way, until I heard Bretman Rock's speech. "Girl... change the channel"
Both viewpoints can be true and I think Bretman is a great example to bring into this conversation tbh. He's ridiculously beautiful but I've seen people in real life and on this site call him ugly and other awful names for being Filipino and proudly feminine. Meanwhile if a white or white-passing guy does the same things he does like wearing genderfluid clothing and acting flamboyantly in their media, they don't get judged or criticized nearly as much. (Not to say those people should get criticism, but it feels like a double standard.)
I'm glad that type of hate doesn't get to him as much anymore because he has a great support group in his life but not everyone is as lucky and it's worth bringing up.

Changing the channel, doing you and finding/creating friendships with fellow gay POC is necessary for us to have healthy lives. That's great and I think Bretman is inspirational for saying it because it's what works for him. I do wish it was easier for more of us to find acceptance outside of the constraints of white-centric traditional masculinity though.

I do have a crush on the model, Cherokee Jack.
He's gorgeous and I love his voice.

Reactions: Kinglmao
Also I've noticed those same patterns of "preferences" are present in straight women, their type is white and tall and they don't step outside from that.

Heck I remember a Twitter post about a girl saying she had unusual preferences in men (or like among her friends only she found them attractive) and it was three objectively hot men, all brown of course.

Also I've noticed those same patterns of "preferences" are present in straight women, their type is white and tall and they don't step outside from that.

Heck I remember a Twitter post about a girl saying she had unusual preferences in men (or like among her friends only she found them attractive) and it was three objectively hot men, all brown of course.
I don’t get why they said that’s unusual white woman have clung to black and Hispanic mean and fetishized them since the beginning of time

I don’t get why they said that’s unusual white woman have clung to black and Hispanic mean and fetishized them since the beginning of time
Could be a lot of factors, but notice besides fetishism and the odd ones they don't really thirst over poc men, not the way they do with white men or at least that's what I've seen from my experience.

Gay guys are the same, they don't really like anything but white or they really REALLY like Latino men.

Also historically native men and women were mating with slaves ( black men and women) and Hispanic men and women in America before and after the mayflower . A lot of black and Hispanic people have native ancestry in their bloodline and don’t realize it . White people do too if course but that’s a whole different story because a lot of the women at that time were being raped regardless of race.

Also historically native men and women were mating with slaves ( black men and women) and Hispanic men and women in America before and after the mayflower . A lot of black and Hispanic people have native ancestry in their bloodline and don’t realize it . White people do too if course but that’s a whole different story because a lot of the women at that time were being raped regardless of race.
You get it! ;) You speak the truth about the current diversity of the indigenous native North Americas. It was colonized by explorers arriving with guns and war weapons. Remember, that slavery built this country using free labor…

It was NEVER supposed to end until the Civil War. The Plantation owners then, with his property of black slaves, would often rape slave women whom later gave birth to a biracial child… Most were sold away at auction, because it was a disgrace to have any black blood a a white man.

Often their appearance looked more white to pass as being Caucasian. Today generations later, there is a possibility for whites to have black bloodlines, and some may have no idea of this history and don’t care to know…

My black heritage is that my great grandfather was white, who grew up in Georgia and married a black woman. This is the main reason I have a light brown skin complexion. All racism seems to never end if you’re perceived as being different.

Last edited:
The logic of your statement implies you believe it is racist to merely under-appreciated a culture -- at least, under-appreciate it by your standards. Is that your position? If so, what standards must a person meet to satisfy you they are not racist?

Reactions: Kinglmao