Racism in the LGBT community.

That's awesome.
I'm black, and I've been with Latin, Asian and white guys.
I'm poly, with 4 boyfriends - two are Latin, and two are white.
I'm 27 years old, turning 28 next month; one is 27yo (he lives in Los Angeles), the second is 35 (he lives in Nevada, but he's originally a New Yorker; I'm moving to be with him), the third is 23 (he lives in Russia), and the fourth is 20 (he lives in Washington State).
And - right now - I'm in New Jersey, thousands of miles away from any of them.
Oh so you're the one responsible of the shortage...

Also the fact i don't like people easily, three or four would be an impossibility for me honestly.
Ok so this point . How do you guys find someone to bond with so quickly. Cause tbh I opened up quickly when I was hooking up with people and started to get attached . But after a while I ended up loosing interest. Ngl I was kinda obsessive due to abandonment issues. I stopped hooking up as much now but I am afraid to start talking to someone because i don’t wanna be an obsessed lover . I’ve been in toxic relationship before so I don’t need a repeat .

Reactions: therebrand
Ok so this point . How do you guys find someone to bond with so quickly. Cause tbh I opened up quickly when I was hooking up with people and started to get attached . But after a while I ended up loosing interest. Ngl I was kinda obsessive due to abandonment issues. I stopped hooking up as much now but I am afraid to start talking to someone because i don’t wanna be an obsessed lover . I’ve been in toxic relationship before so I don’t need a repeat .
I don't honestly, that's my thing.

Reactions: Kinglmao
He got that good good , I can’t hate on him at all lmao we gotta step out mental health ( some of us) and bussy’s up lmaoo
I laughed, but only for awhile.
My man cheated and I was furious.
I decided to take him back, after we separated for a month.
But I'm still working on healing my resentment and anger to forgive him.
Just yesterday, I did tell him, "Me and you are exclusive. No third parties, please."
Then, since he hates constant communication, I also mentioned I'm taking a hiatus offline; I'm coming back when he doesn't know.
Cheaters need to be taught to stay in their place - so him missing me is perfect karma.

Reactions: Kinglmao
I laughed, but only for awhile.
My man cheated and I was furious.
I decided to take him back, after we separated for a month.
But I'm still working on healing my resentment and anger to forgive him.
Just yesterday, I did tell him, "Me and you are exclusive. No third parties, please."
Then, since he hates constant communication, I also mentioned I'm taking a hiatus offline; I'm coming back when he doesn't know.
Cheaters need to be taught to stay in their place - so him missing me is perfect karma.
Damn that sucks . I’m sorry that happened you don’t deserve that type of energy in your life . I’m glad you were able to rekindle things in a healthy way though . And your right him missing you is the perfect karma

Reactions: therebrand
I can relate a lot to this thread with my own experience. I'm relatively new to the gay dating and hookup scene, and as a black man (mixed, can pass as Latino due to lighter skin if that's relevant) I feel at a disadvantage due to my race, especially because I live in the south. I feel invisible due to a variety of factors, like my skin color or the fact I'm overweight. The fact that I can be perceived as more feminine that it feels like the odds are stacked against me. There is definitely still a pervasive "no black/Asians, fats, no fems" mindset on Grindr that makes me feel unwelcomed down here.

I have gotten more direct hate for my weight and the fact that I crossdress than my race surprisingly, but every now and then I'll get a guy that leads me on just to drop slurs at me and dump me. I have no preference in who I date but it's likely I'll end up with another POC because they've likely experienced the same thing.

The interesting thing is that, even if you are fairly normative looking and masculine, you still are seen as less by some, like that shit runs that deep.
That's my experience too.
So I ended up falling for my normative, masculine Latin boyfriend (if we're talking about attachment styles, I'm an anxious attachment person, and he's an avoidant attachment person).
Basically, I'm noticing he only takes the time to be present and supportive when I threaten to dump him and move on (because he's always traveling, 7 days a week, for no reason).
He says he hates introverts/empaths, but I'm an introvert and he's an extrovert - yet, opposites attract and we fell in love.
The problem isn't me, it's him - "it's not me, it's you".
It's been 1 year and I dumped him 4 times - but we're still together and I'm trying very hard to hold him accountable for any time that he fails me.

The interesting thing is that, even if you are fairly normative looking and masculine, you still are seen as less by some, like that shit runs that deep.
Yeah, my best friend is from India and he's a twink but he has a lot of body image and self-worth issues. I think he's absolutely beautiful and I uplift that every time I see him but bigotry and the caste system runs so deep over there that he feels like he can never internalize it. I feel for him so much.

I feel a similar way about myself, honestly. All those different aspects that people would nitpick me endlessly for play on repeat in my head as reasons someone would never find me attractive. I've had people tell me to my face they like my extra weight or my skin tone but it never registers because that's what's acceptable to designate as "ugly" or undesirable. I just wish people who want to be accepted so much in the community weren't so focused on tearing other people down.

Yeah, my best friend is from India and he's a twink but he has a lot of body image and self-worth issues. I think he's absolutely beautiful and I uplift that every time I see him but bigotry and the caste system runs so deep over there that he feels like he can never internalize it. I feel for him so much.

I feel a similar way about myself, honestly. All those different aspects that people would nitpick me endlessly for play on repeat in my head as reasons someone would never find me attractive. I've had people tell me to my face they like my extra weight or my skin tone but it never registers because that's what's acceptable to designate as "ugly" or undesirable. I just wish people who want to be accepted so much in the community weren't so focused on tearing other people down.
Is your friend able to move overseas, to a country in the West?
Western people are not *as* racist as other places, and more free thinking and Progressive than the East.

Reactions: 12loner
Is your friend able to move overseas, to a country in the West?
Western people are not *as* racist as other places, and more free thinking and Progressive than the East.
As far as I know, he can't afford it no. Honestly I doubt he'd get treated equally here, as Indian and South/SE Asian men in general feel very invisible in gay communities. It's a tough situation to be in so I just try to support him

As far as I know, he can't afford it no. Honestly I doubt he'd get treated equally here, as Indian and South/SE Asian men in general feel very invisible in gay communities. It's a tough situation to be in so I just try to support him
I agree - racism toward Asians is still an issue here in America.
I just wish the racism would decrease or just be eradicated - especially in the LGBT community, but I guess that's unrealistic.

I've noticed this a lot. It's not even an insult to these ratty white guys. I love a goofy, imperfect, weird looking guy, but you'll never see people thirsting over a goofy, imperfect weird looking non white guy. You have to be exceptional.

Even IF a non white man IS exceptional sometimes it doesn't matter. Sometimes people won't even pay attention to them. Like recently around twitter there were suddenly a lot of thirst tweets over Manny Jacinto that were like "Why did I never notice he's so hot before?" and this man is SUPER handsome, and has a killer body. They pointed it out ALL THE TIME on The Good Place so it's not like it's a new development. And yet people are like "hm why am I just NOW noticing?" and it feels like well I could tell you why you always over looked him, but you're not going to like the answer lmao