The Vintage Film Star Thread

James Dean, c 1954, by Roy Schatt
View attachment 21355271
BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS. These two guys were such beautiful men. LUV to know where the Monty ones were taken where Monty lived then. Dean's one room apartment is just a few blocks up from me off Central Park West, I often look up at those top floor porthole windows, they remain unchanged.
JD.jpg

Reactions: gamfrgz and maremma
BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS. These two guys were such beautiful men. LUV to know where the Monty ones were taken where Monty lived then. Dean's one room apartment is just a few blocks up from me off Central Park West, I often look up at those top floor porthole windows, they remain unchanged.

I've been trying to find the location of the Monty morning photos for some time but haven't been able to pinpoint an exact location. I wonder if it could have been a location chosen by Kubrick.

I've been trying to find the location of the Monty morning photos for some time but haven't been able to pinpoint an exact location. I wonder if it could have been a location chosen by Kubrick.
Guess that's poss, but he was such a stickler for realism in environment during this period re his other photos I like to think this was an apt Monty was really living in. I know at various times he lived at The Dakota (which this is obviously not) and even the 63rd St Y. Given his status in '49 just pre bona fide star re "The Heiress" that year, this does seem like the kind of efficiency kitchen apt place he'd be living at that time.
If you ever find out pls let us know.

GUY MADISON was a very handsome actor (1922-1996) who made 2 dozens of movies and many apperances on TV till 1988. Handsome, blond, the boy next door, he became a Hollywood smart guy, always charming and cute.

There are some pics on him already here but I would like to add some more because he deserves that. An unforgettable man who enchanted many many fans worldwide. Enjoy the pics!

guiy3feab30cda1d761e0ef153e998a0f1e9.jpg