Today's mood

That's an interesting question. Starting a thread to see where it leads might be a good idea. I mean what's the worst that can happen?

Psychology/Sociology have interested me since I was in college. I took several psychology courses as electives but there is no future in those types of majors so I went a different path. However, it still is something I would love to dip into.
Just a podcast with psychologists and sociologists would be cool.

The worst that could happen is I type all this out into a new thread and it dies like the others. :weary_face::weary_face::weary_face:

Psychology/Sociology have interested me since I was in college. I took several psychology courses as electives but there is no future in those types of majors so I went a different path. However, it still is something I would love to dip into.
Just a podcast with psychologists and sociologists would be cool.

The worst that could happen is I type all this out into a new thread and it dies like the others. :weary_face::weary_face::weary_face:
Yes, that could happen but maybe it will spark an interesting discussion instead. :)

59657-Happy-Thursday.png

How does one make so many friendships that are all bad and never last?
How does one continue to have to do all the work in friendships to only get the basic most simplest responses/feedback?
How do people expect to have friendships if they never communicate?
I mean shouldn't friends communicate more often? One shouldn't go days or weeks without talking to people they consider friends.
It feels like at times that the simplest "hey, how are you doing?" is difficult because we think there is more to come or that it's a setup for something else or we are so lazy that we just respond with "I'm good. And yourself?"

It's stunning to see how difficult all of this is for people. It's stunning and sad.
The general lack of effort put forth by some people to actually make and hold real conversations is mind blowing.

Thunderstruck. Aghast. And disbelieving.

Yes, I just walked outside my house and down to the corner to try to find out where the loudly echoing "bangs" and "thwacks" are coming from.

In the middle of a pandemic, a homeowner two houses away is having a roof replaced.

NCbear (who honestly has no words)

Reactions: BillM and rbkwp

Yes, I just walked outside my house and down to the corner to try to find out where the loudly echoing "bangs" and "thwacks" are coming from.

In the middle of a pandemic, a homeowner two houses away is having a roof replaced.

yes
i live in a beach resort
and similar here
neighbour two houses up had roofing iron delivered,the day before it began
we have a month long lockdown
he is not doing/done the work yet,and not living there

but
if he or others turn up to do the work within this month
I virtually have every right to inform on him,as in breaking what most of us are trying to conform to

Reactions: BillM

I am assuming you are in NC - I thought the governor issued a essential workers/businesses only...stay at home order.

I am assuming you are in NC - I thought the governor issued a essential workers/businesses only...stay at home order.

He did.

NCbear (who has come to the realization again during this pandemic that people are people and do only what they want to do)