Virgin coconut oil

sammyyummy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi.

A friend recommended taking a teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil daily. My google search has yielded conflicting results: some emphasizing its MCTS; others emphasizing its saturated fat rich composition.

Anybody has personal experience with VCO intake and its health benefits?

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All the research that I've done on natural medicine since 2009 (and it's a lot) state that it's pretty much a fact, not a theory. Even the FDA and the CDC admit that anything natural works, then turn right around in the same breath and tell you no it doesn't. Example: Like the flu shot. The FDA, CDC and even the manufacturers state that ALL flu shots don't work, but take them anyway. Those websites and companies that YOU quoted are the ones NOT using valid science and they are doing so in order to sell you dangerous shit. Yet you state and assume that the non-naturopathics are using valid science and give no proof. All that mainstream medicine stuff is the true snake oil. I have put it to the test myself and found that alternative medicine has cured me where conventional medicine has hurt me bad.

Well, let's see........
Big pharma literally has the FDA and the CDC in their back pocket and at their beck and call. Big pharma cannot patent anything natural. So they have no incentive to use natural anything. And if you think they're in the business to help you, then you have definitely been brainwashed to blindly trust conventional medicine like I once was. And that's ok. There was a time when I didn't know any better either. I do now.

How do you think big pharma stays in business?? There is no money in curing you.
And since when does coconut oil or anything natural need government oversight or proper science??
You are blindly trusting the wrong people. I don't blindly trust anyone or anything anymore when it comes to MY health without doing butt loads of research first.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, I read that article and it's bullshit for several reasons. Too many vested interests for one, but mostly tows the line for the mainstream media agenda. (big pharma is behind it all--they want you to be functionally sick so they can make money off you while slowly killing you.)

*ANY* Hydrogenated oil or processed oil is automatically really bad for you.
*ANY* soybean oil or soybean product is automatically bad for you simply because ALL soybeans in the US market are geneticaly modified. (GMO) Non-GMO soybean oil or products are not good for males. It feminizes them. (read what's in your protein powder/shakes/ore-workout, etc.) It's ok for fully grown females. Good luck finding any non-GMO soybeans, though.

Olive oil is good for you provided that it is virgin or extra virgin. DO NOT COOK WITH IT EVER!! Olive oil becomes easily carcinogenic at normal cooking temperatures. Besides, popcorn tastes better cooked in coconut oil with REAL butter!

Coconut oil is *VERY* good for you all the way around. It has the MCT, you can cook with it at very high temperatures without it becoming carcinogenic and STILL enjoy all the healthful benefits it provides. A spoonful a day will immediately increase cognitive function as well as memory. Will stop, slow down, or reverse dementia/Alzheimer's. There is no downside to coconut oil.

It also has an SPF of 10 when applied to the skin.

I would highly recommend that you get the high quality glyphosphate free coconut oil though.

Benefits of Coconut Oil - NaturalNews.com

coconut oil articles and information on the NaturalNews Network, the independent health news source

blogs.naturalnews.com: Coconut oil: A true Magic Bullet

www.naturalnews.com: Coconut Oil - Here's what you need to know about this amazing rejuvenation and healing oil

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh for fux sake, it's friggin coconut. I am pretty sure it's not toxic. Yes, this is the first time I have used my phone to access the internet. I guess islanders know their nut's better hey rb :) no coconuts down your way though.
Coconuts kill more people per year than sharks. (Usually by landing on their heads.) LOL Very dangerous business.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the route a lot of people take to acquire this knowledge is through illness that the traditional advice has failed to help, or made worse.
Yep. I have been pit on all kinds of medication and told by a string of doctors to eat a high fiber, moderate carbohydrate diet. My body performs just okay, and doesn't improve eating like that and the medicines make me sicker. Actually, I spent almost a year basically housebound because the side effects of my medication meant I always needed to be within 10 minutes of a toilet. I was also exhausted. I finally figured out that what most would consider excessive exercise would drop my blood glucose below 70, and that I would get a little shocky if I kept taking the medicine. I finally came off of it. I find I can get a good, stable read, well under control most of the time now, on MUCH less exercise and never have that shocky feeling or blue cast to my lips and inner eyelids. I'm doing the opposite of what I was taught by the nutritionists at the hospital. I eat A LOT of fat. I eat 117 grams of fat, more than 1050 calories, 70% of what I eat. My skin looks better, my hair is starting to grow back, I'm only hungry twice a day, and I feel well. I have been putting coconut oil on my skin for a long time. I only recently started to eat so much of it. It is only one of several types of fat I eat. I know my recent successes are attributable to diet, though not necessarily coconut oil. It's diet. Nothing else has changed.

D

deleted924715

All the research that I've done on natural medicine since 2009 (and it's a lot) state that it's pretty much a fact, not a theory. Even the FDA and the CDC admit that anything natural works, then turn right around in the same breath and tell you no it doesn't. Example: Like the flu shot. The FDA, CDC and even the manufacturers state that ALL flu shots don't work, but take them anyway. Those websites and companies that YOU quoted are the ones NOT using valid science and they are doing so in order to sell you dangerous shit. Yet you state and assume that the non-naturopathics are using valid science and give no proof. All that mainstream medicine stuff is the true snake oil. I have put it to the test myself and found that alternative medicine has cured me where conventional medicine has hurt me bad.

Well, let's see........
Big pharma literally has the FDA and the CDC in their back pocket and at their beck and call. Big pharma cannot patent anything natural. So they have no incentive to use natural anything. And if you think they're in the business to help you, then you have definitely been brainwashed to blindly trust conventional medicine like I once was. And that's ok. There was a time when I didn't know any better either. I do now.

How do you think big pharma stays in business?? There is no money in curing you.
And since when does coconut oil or anything natural need government oversight or proper science??
You are blindly trusting the wrong people. I don't blindly trust anyone or anything anymore when it comes to MY health without doing butt loads of research first.

I've read a lot around this subject too and completely agree and not just a quick Google search - books n' shit. Despite the efforts to supress the data, it finally appears to be becoming mainstream knowledge, with the help of cardiologists and other doctors finally willing to put their neck on the line and speak up, that a diet high in saturated fat does not cause high cholesterol, that 'high' (the figure was always arbitrary) cholesterol is not proven to be anywhere near universally dangerous (in fact it can be protective for women) and that the prescribing of statins to millions who do not need them and will derive no benefit from them (despite the mass prescribing they help a very limited group) are in actual fact more likely cause harm.

As far as the OP goes, would I take Virgin Coconut Oil everyday? I do - I cook with it, eat a spoonful if I feel my fats are low that day and massage it into my skin. I eat olive oil, but don't heat it. Butter? Yep. Cream? Yep. Sunflower oil, soy, margarine, anything 'low fat'? Not a chance. Sugar is the big enemy and I'm working on kicking that addiction, but it's hard.

My best advice to the OP would be to do your own research - and more than a quick Google search. Your health is too important.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had high cholesterol- high LDL, low HDL, teensy weensy triglycerides. They put me on statins. Gave me eczema. I switched to some supplements. There was improvement, but the numbers still didn't look so good. I became more active. Got back into jogging. Martial arts. Rock climbimg. You name it I was making it a part of my week. More improvement, but still an eventual plateau when I stopped losing weight. A bunch ofy friends kept trying to get me to do various low carb lifestyles. But YOU try to convince a pastry chef to give up carbs. Besides, every one I tried made me feel weird, headachy, and tired. Then I found one that my wisest friend liked. She lost 100+ pounds and put her mother on it. Her mother reversed diabetes, hypertension, water retention and high cholesterol.

Now, her mother was recently bed bound because of being overweight by a couple hundred pounds for a few decades. She still can't do much because she destroyed her knees and is not yet strong enough for replacement. She also cannot get barriatric surgery. But her mother has she'd her edema and lost an additional 70 pounds in the last 8 or 9 months, while being trapped in bed!

One of the acceptable sources of fat in her high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate diet is coconut oil, and being originally from the islands, it is one of the fats she prefers.

I stumbled across some information I felt I could trust right about the time I saw my friend, who I had not seen in person in a few years, and saw how beautiful and healthy she was. I was still looking into it when I went to NY to help her advocate for her mother and she switched her mother's eating habits around since there was nothing her mom could do about it. I remember how weak she was when we used the hour lift to change her. I have seen the dramatic difference since all that fat and water came off of her. I don't believe it was coconut oil alone that benefitted her, but it was certainly not an insignificant contributor to her resurgent health.

As for me? My cholesterol gets checked again soon. I'll let ya know.

Reactions: Wave85 and Oxnard

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm hypothyroid, much less serious condition than diabetes, but I've also found it best to work out my own course of action to get better rather than relying just on doctor's orders. For a start it took ages to get diagnosed. Male doctors in particular seem completely incurious and lazy about diagnosis. They go on generalities. Mine could barely lift his eyes from his computer screen and actually look at me. Because I'm tall and thin, not the usual 'physical type' for hypothyroidism, the symptoms went unrecognised until I was quite unwell. In the end I demanded the blood test and sure enough my TSH levels were sky high. Under control with thyroxine (so I am indebted to modern medicine), but basically I've managed my way back to health with loads of exercise, eating like a horse when I feel like it, not eating when I don't, and I know the signs now of when I'm off kilter and need to change the dosage. Anyway, I've recently 'discovered' coconut oil and it's amazing on the skin, maybe I'll try eating it too:)
I'm glad you'refeeling better. I use more coconut oil iny hair and on my skin than I eat. Try stirring in a large quantity of sugar and using it as a scrub. After you bathe, while you're soaking wet, scrub with the mixture until all the sugar dissolves. Rinse. Be amazed.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not Latin at all.

My sexxy radar was off for once
stock-vector-a-big-red-button-with-the-word-oops-to-press-and-get-customer-support-or-service-or-to-fix-or-155253443.jpg

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
http://www.livescience.com/47623-is-coconut-oil-good-for-you.htmlhtml

That was the first hit I got on a Google search.

article said:
"I'd use coconut oil sparingly. Most of the research so far has consisted of short-term studies to examine its effect on cholesterol levels. We don't really know how coconut oil affects heart disease. And I don't think coconut oil is as healthful as vegetable oils like olive oil and soybean oil, which are mainly unsaturated fat and therefore both lower LDL [low-density lipoprotein, or the "bad" cholesterol] and increase HDL [high-density lipoprotein, the "good" cholesterol]. Coconut oil's special HDL-boosting effect may make it "less bad" than the high saturated fat content would indicate, but it's still probably not the best choice among the many available oils to reduce the risk of heart disease." [Infographic: The 3 Types of Fats Explained

Reactions: keenobserver

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I read that article and it's bullshit for several reasons. Too many vested interests for one, but mostly tows the line for the mainstream media agenda. (big pharma is behind it all--they want you to be functionally sick so they can make money off you while slowly killing you.)

*ANY* Hydrogenated oil or processed oil is automatically really bad for you.
*ANY* soybean oil or soybean product is automatically bad for you simply because ALL soybeans in the US market are geneticaly modified. (GMO) Non-GMO soybean oil or products are not good for males. It feminizes them. (read what's in your protein powder/shakes/ore-workout, etc.) It's ok for fully grown females. Good luck finding any non-GMO soybeans, though.

Olive oil is good for you provided that it is virgin or extra virgin. DO NOT COOK WITH IT EVER!! Olive oil becomes easily carcinogenic at normal cooking temperatures. Besides, popcorn tastes better cooked in coconut oil with REAL butter!

Coconut oil is *VERY* good for you all the way around. It has the MCT, you can cook with it at very high temperatures without it becoming carcinogenic and STILL enjoy all the healthful benefits it provides. A spoonful a day will immediately increase cognitive function as well as memory. Will stop, slow down, or reverse dementia/Alzheimer's. There is no downside to coconut oil.

It also has an SPF of 10 when applied to the skin.

I would highly recommend that you get the high quality glyphosphate free coconut oil though.

Benefits of Coconut Oil - NaturalNews.com

coconut oil articles and information on the NaturalNews Network, the independent health news source

blogs.naturalnews.com: Coconut oil: A true Magic Bullet

www.naturalnews.com: Coconut Oil - Here's what you need to know about this amazing rejuvenation and healing oil
Here we go.

You dismiss valid science with an off-the-cuff conspiracy theory, then proceed to cite sources of questionable quality. Those naturopathic web sites and companies are not using valid science and they are doing so in order to sell you shit. All that alternative medicine stuff is little more than the return of snake oil salesmen.

The alternative medicine industry was created with a particularly stupid act of deregulation. If you are able to understand the problem with corporations with a profit motive making health claims, why are you comfortable with the same profit motive operating without government oversight nor proper science?

Reactions: keenobserver

My personal experience with virgin coconut oil is that it's probably not doing me much good because I keep baking cakes and biscuits with it. It's enjoyable though.

Reactions: Wave85

JulieInNaplesFL

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no opinion either way. My only comment is that about 12 years ago in college I read an articular from a 6 year study written by a Purdue U. health group that if a person religiously ate proper healthy food it would extend his life 9 months.

Piss on it, bring me my pizza.

Reactions: Oxnard