Why do older men become bi-curious

RobJockLondon

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have only just come back to this thread, after my last comments back in May. Very interesting indeed, I think the thread has shown its relevance and stayed alive. If I could only add a couple of comments, however, with regards to comments I have seen:

- Male-to-male sexuality, being uncomplicated and just like a "release";
- Female sexuality, at the opposite, being inextricably linked to the realm of feelings.

From my perspective, yes and no on both accounts.

Yes, because, even though it's impossible to generalise, both can be seen as a fair reflection of how we approach matters such as gender, biological differences, sexual choices and so on.

No, because I don't think it fully reflects the fact that we now live in a post-patriarchal society. During the 20th century two factors have significantly reduced gender disparity : 1) physical strengh (where male had been advantaged) is no longer a decisive factor in order to be able to protect and provide for one's family; 2) the contraceptive pill, has allowed women to separate sexuality from reproduction and freed them from the implications of yearly pregnancies. Obviously the biological differences remain - we can't deny, for example, that pregnancy and menopause still influence women in society. However, even if our culture is still permeated by patriarchal notions, gender equality is now tangible.

So if it is true that the need for gender role differentiation in society has reduced, it is only to be expected that this impacts the traditional notions of masculinity and femininity. Those same traits that, from an evolutionary perspective, favoured a physically strong male so that he could feed and protect his family; or a consistent and empathic female, tasked with the practical and emotional stability of the family and the survival of the offsprings - well, they may no longer be that significant or relevant.

We are already seeing younger men in society starting to converse a lot better with love and feelings - they may well decide that the traditional "transactional" approach to their sexuality is no longer adequate. Maybe there is something more interesting than just getting off. On the other hand women for decades now have managed their fertility and found a new dimension to their sexuality that goes beyond reproduction or ensuring the family unity.

With gender role differentiation in society reducing and perceptions of masculinity and femininity changing - what will happen to sexual choices ? I guess the straight, homo, bi tags will become less and less relevant because we will progressively realise that those classifications are just facets of what is present in each of us. Hopefully we will learn become conversant and accepting of the human sexuality spectrum; bearing in mind that this is a dynamic process, which canes with us as we mature and come in contact with new stimuli. Ideally we would learn to focus on the person we are attracted to, allow ourselves to experience emotional connection or even sexual attraction independently from their gender or their sexuality.

bi2

Superior Member
Media
There would be alot less bi older men if their spouses and gf's were enthusiastic and verbalize how much pleasure they get from oral,anal and vaginal sex being performed on them. And how much pleasure they get from doing the same to their partner. Male bi sexual encounters leave nothing to guess about. You know from the get go what you both are there for.

If I had to think about it a bit deeper. I enjoy being fucked and express that to him by moans and groans and I enjoy hearing my partner cum. The fact that this consistently happens when we hook up, means youre right we both know what will happen the moment we meet and what we are in for. The encounters are mutually enjoyable without the need to know if you have satisfied your partner or if your partner is pleased.

bijockfl

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I feel that they are becoming more comfortable with exploring their desires. I have a straight friend who was curious about anal penetration. I was his first and only thus far..he views it as prostate stimulation while I view it as a hot tight hole I enjoy fucking

diver6

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I feel that they are becoming more comfortable with exploring their desires. I have a straight friend who was curious about anal penetration. I was his first and only thus far..he views it as prostate stimulation while I view it as a hot tight hole I enjoy fucking
That's one great relationship!!!!! Win Win!

Reactions: tgif310

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

To be honest, if the dick fairy came to my house... It would be perfect if my wife could grow one on command. Pegging is fine and all... But to have that feedback loop of a living throbbing cock is what would make it for me.

bi2

Superior Member
Media
To be honest, if the dick fairy came to my house... It would be perfect if my wife could grow one on command. Pegging is fine and all... But to have that feedback loop of a living throbbing cock is what would make it for me.
Its a good point you make, I actually dont feel any pleasure if pegged.

However, a living throbbing cock inside me, makes he so horny.

Ilovetheillusion

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me too! Love trans women. But if the wife could grow a cock perfect.

Good heavens the poor unsuspecting women being cheated on because their men have a thought pop into their head and instead of dismissing it they just need to act on it. Maybe the men need to be outed and their relationship destroyed. Therefore they will be free to do whatever they want with whom ever. The love women want obviously doesn't exist and is just an illusion.

Luvcutdick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have only just come back to this thread, after my last comments back in May. Very interesting indeed, I think the thread has shown its relevance and stayed alive. If I could only add a couple of comments, however, with regards to comments I have seen:

- Male-to-male sexuality, being uncomplicated and just like a "release";
- Female sexuality, at the opposite, being inextricably linked to the realm of feelings.

From my perspective, yes and no on both accounts.

Yes, because, even though it's impossible to generalise, both can be seen as a fair reflection of how we approach matters such as gender, biological differences, sexual choices and so on.

No, because I don't think it fully reflects the fact that we now live in a post-patriarchal society. During the 20th century two factors have significantly reduced gender disparity : 1) physical strengh (where male had been advantaged) is no longer a decisive factor in order to be able to protect and provide for one's family; 2) the contraceptive pill, has allowed women to separate sexuality from reproduction and freed them from the implications of yearly pregnancies. Obviously the biological differences remain - we can't deny, for example, that pregnancy and menopause still influence women in society. However, even if our culture is still permeated by patriarchal notions, gender equality is now tangible.

So if it is true that the need for gender role differentiation in society has reduced, it is only to be expected that this impacts the traditional notions of masculinity and femininity. Those same traits that, from an evolutionary perspective, favoured a physically strong male so that he could feed and protect his family; or a consistent and empathic female, tasked with the practical and emotional stability of the family and the survival of the offsprings - well, they may no longer be that significant or relevant.

We are already seeing younger men in society starting to converse a lot better with love and feelings - they may well decide that the traditional "transactional" approach to their sexuality is no longer adequate. Maybe there is something more interesting than just getting off. On the other hand women for decades now have managed their fertility and found a new dimension to their sexuality that goes beyond reproduction or ensuring the family unity.

With gender role differentiation in society reducing and perceptions of masculinity and femininity changing - what will happen to sexual choices ? I guess the straight, homo, bi tags will become less and less relevant because we will progressively realise that those classifications are just facets of what is present in each of us. Hopefully we will learn become conversant and accepting of the human sexuality spectrum; bearing in mind that this is a dynamic process, which canes with us as we mature and come in contact with new stimuli. Ideally we would learn to focus on the person we are attracted to, allow ourselves to experience emotional connection or even sexual attraction independently from their gender or their sexuality.

You are very articulate and well spoken ..... your logic is "spot on". With your 60/40 identification, I believe this is a reflection of "open" thinking and you have expressed this accordingly.

Why should the love of someone be limited to an opposite gender ? Myself, I am emotionally attached to women, however, physically attracted to men. That is the way I am built as 50/50. What I am happy to see now are more and more incidents i.e. tv commercials, where same gender couples are presented as families.

I believe my "gay" side created a very sexually satisfying relationship with my now deceased wife. She knew I was bi. The rules were discretion and safety. For myself, I was aware of my bi side early in life. I am always happy to read where older men have come to acknowledge their "bi-curious" side. Perhaps with societal changes in thinking, older men are now more liberated to explore and understand this facet of their life.

As well, this site LPSG has really helped me to understand my sexuality. Perhaps I was born too soon.

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Good heavens the poor unsuspecting women being cheated on because their men have a thought pop into their head and instead of dismissing it they just need to act on it. Maybe the men need to be outed and their relationship destroyed. Therefore they will be free to do whatever they want with whom ever. The love women want obviously doesn't exist and is just an illusion.
Why are you in this thread, you’re one of the reasons men stay in the closet for so long and don’t feel comfortable with themselves. All this women talk and how they feel women are fine they can experiment with their sexuality with no judgment they can step out in their marriage and society supports them. Let the men talk on their experiences in this thread without your judgment

Ilovetheillusion

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why are you in this thread, you’re one of the reasons men stay in the closet for so long and don’t feel comfortable with themselves. All this women talk and how they feel women are fine they can experiment with their sexuality with no judgment they can step out in their marriage and society supports them. Let the men talk on their experiences in this thread without your judgment

Just bi-curious like every other guy. LoL

brandon38

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In my opinion many older guys are just acting on desires they have kept buried most of their lives. They may have had experiences as a boy but not after. Fear of being caught and marked as gay.

From several I have chatted with with the computer age they were able to explore much more than just magazines. Opening their eyes to a new world.

For others sex at home has died out. After suppressing their feelings and not wanting to feel like they were cheating they finally give in.

Many realize that this is something they wanted all along. I feel they begin to think like me. “It is just a couple of guys having fun “
Agree this how I feel .

dickthrobbing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
In my opinion many older guys are just acting on desires they have kept buried most of their lives. They may have had experiences as a boy but not after. Fear of being caught and marked as gay.

From several I have chatted with with the computer age they were able to explore much more than just magazines. Opening their eyes to a new world.

For others sex at home has died out. After suppressing their feelings and not wanting to feel like they were cheating they finally give in.

Many realize that this is something they wanted all along. I feel they begin to think like me. “It is just a couple of guys having fun “
This is something I can identify with. Whilst I did not have any guy on guy activity in my younger life (1970's) ; at that time being 'gay' was not something many guys where open about. It was something I was quite curious about, and did not answer that curiosity for quite a few years

bi2

Superior Member
Media
Partying with friends on NYE on NYD night Im hooking up with my older male partner who has the house to himself.

Not sure how I will be able to stand on the 2nd January lol.

Reactions: Anime2

bi2

Superior Member
Media
H

ahaha hope you had fun
Thanks. I did, but I was so tired and exhausted before I hooked up with him.

I know he was looking forward to it, so I made sure I had another hour left in me.

I actually asked if we could hook up earlier, which we thankfully did, as after he had finished, I collapsed and slept a few hours at his place.

Reactions: Mister2101

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Many of us reach a point in our lives, often it is just after middle age, where we say, "Is this all that there is? While we don't hate life, we are not entirely happy either.

For some of us, it comes in the form of our work lives. Did we wish that we had progressed farther? Do we work for an idiot or a ball buster?

For others, it manifests itself in our sex lives. Are we gay, and, have we suppressed that for too many years? Have our spouses lost sexual interest in us?

We have an awakening, and, realize that we can make a positive change for ourselves for our remaining years, That is not a bad thing.

merc41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Many of us reach a point in our lives, often it is just after middle age, where we say, "Is this all that there is? While we don't hate life, we are not entirely happy either.

For some of us, it comes in the form of our work lives. Did we wish that we had progressed farther? Do we work for an idiot or a ball buster?

For others, it manifests itself in our sex lives. Are we gay, and, have we suppressed that for too many years? Have our spouses lost sexual interest in us?

We have an awakening, and, realize that we can make a positive change for ourselves for our remaining years, That is not a bad thing.
Well said

Reactions: Biryder