If you're single, is one regular sexual partner enough?

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey guys,

So I've got a question for you...so, I'm single and if I've got a regular fuck buddy, I'll generally only sleep with them and will not go looking elsewhere. Occasionally if the opportunity comes up where I can have a one night stand with someone else, then I'll take it if I want, but I won't have 2 regular fuck buddies.

My ex and I are fuck buddies now. Long story cut short, I was trying to ask him about STD's and stuff and he told me he'd slept with one girl (a "regular" he said) since he last slept with me a couple of weeks ago. I then said that I was going to leave and that he obviously doesn't need me if he's got a regular...and I only sleep with one person at a time, and don't want to be sleeping with the whole town, so I'm out. Then he said that he won't sleep with anyone else then.

We have the best sex. It's always been amazing. So, my question is...if you are single, and are getting awesome sex...do you then go out looking for it? He's only 22 and believes that relationships are 'over rated', this may also have something to do with it. I'm thinking he's probably full of shit and will still sleep with this other girl...but he's also lazy...so yeah, I just wanna know what guys usually do when they're in this position lol.

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No, I probably won't go out looking for anyone else. But if someone special happens to cross my way, that's a different matter altogether.

I suppose the same applies for your buddy.

CygnusKnights

Experimental Member
Media
he could easily lie to you........ and sometimes the chase is just as fun. and even if the sex is amazing, new fuck buddies are always a possibility. at least thats my opinion.

honesty2respect

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honestly and realistically.....it's more than enough....end of so if there is a lady out here who wants a partner thts happy with just ine woman..than feel free to give me a message and tell me what u feel about this and my answer.

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If everything is as good as you say, then I wouldn't want any more.

But in my younger days there was always the danger of a really hot female making herself available, (that's not meant to be patronising to all you females, that's just how it was) and sometimes the temptation did get too great to resist...

If I was lucky, I'd be forgiven, but it usually screwed up the relationship in the long term.

I suppose men are just naturally promiscuous.

ashtonpete

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I'm single I tend to stay in touch with three or four casual fuck buddies, just because I've got an annoyingly high sex drive that keeps me perpetually horny and ready to go.

In a relationship? Then I'm a one woman man, and if that means I'm not quite satisfied in the bedroom? Well there are more important things than sex.

blazblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sure why not. I'm single so I don't see why I should be limited to just one. And even if I was in a "relationship" I would probably still have a FWB or two on the side since I prefer to date openly. The only way I'd have one woman is if I got married or something.

aluckyasian

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1 is enough for me. but all men are different. just keep in mind..... guys lie alot. not saying your ex is lying but just dont be so quick to believe anything we say.

if i wanted to be with only 1 woman i would be in a relationship.... if i didnt i would just stay fuck buddies. thats my opinion

Dell1962

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a daughter who just discovered her sexual self this last year. She has had a couple of brothers and a couple of threesomes and now she is hanging out with her 'boyfriend' though she is so much smarter than he. She also has had some experiences with other girls. Her issue is 'does she want to commit herself to one person?' I had a heart to heart with her the other day and tried to tell her she is just 22 years old. Why does she want do limit herself to one person right now? Especially if other opportunities present themselves?

With that said, you need to always keep your standards high and be careful about catching any of thos nasty social things. To that end and combined with the fact she is not on Birth Control, we have an agreement, no one gets in without a raincoat.

You need to have fun while your young, have different experiences, try different things. When you get into your 30's and you have had your fun and you are ready to settle, and you know what makes you happy, then pick one and stay.

This advice comes from someone who thought as you do and did not have all the fun they wanted when they were young and now I am 50 and have many regrets.

phAtG33K

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes. I've had my share. If I felt I needed another sexual partner then that would indicate to me I'm not with the special someone.

gma26_4521

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First it doesn't sound like a true fuck buddy. Sounds like you are into fucking him still and honestly he is a douche-move on. A fuck buddy for me is I fuck only ONE. That is the rule. You can date, whatever but only the two of us have sex. If that changes or may change, that person must tell the other. STD's right. That's how I do it.

man_bites_dog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, under those circumstances, I'm not looking high and low for a new FWB. That being said, there was the occasional ONS when I had a regular FWB, but that was primarily limited to my younger, more promiscuous days. In other words, I can understand his outlook because I felt the same way when I was 22. I'm not that much older, but I've come to recognize the uncertainties associated with a seemingly limitless sexual appetite. So, I completely understand why you would be suspicious.

NC_BBC

Expert Member
Media
Usually in NC, but I travel, so ask me where I am
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OP...it sounds to me like you and your ex are just having a pseudo relationship. When I'm single...I'm SINGLE. I'm not necessarily "out on the prowl" all the time, but if I'm approached or find myself in a situation where sex with someone I'm attracted to is an option, I see no need to turn it down. If I'm exclusively sleeping with ONE person, we might as well just be TOGETHER. But that's just my $00.02