Leo howard

Looks like it’s official. He’s the new Tate Black View attachment 126754341

Glad he's got work, and certainly a soap opera will show off his body quite a lot. As for whether this will help his career overall, it could go either way. Some people are able to parlay soap opera work into big things, and others fade into obscurity. With his looks and martial arts background it's still a wonder he hasn't played a superhero in *anything* yet.

Ah, well. I was hoping the IG following evidence was false.

Hopefully he is able to recover from this quickly.
I honestly don’t get all the Soap Opera hate. What’s wrong with a paying job, steady income, and great exposure? Some of our greatest actors have Soap Opera roots. Take for instance Oscar winning actress Julianne Moore her time on “ As The World Turns” ment so much to her that she returned to the show before it went off the air to show her appreciation and love of the show. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with being on a soap or acting in one! I’m super excited to see Leo on screen on for steady basis. For all the naysayers I challenge you to tune in instead of bashing, who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I honestly don’t get all the Soap Opera hate. What’s wrong with a paying job, steady income, and great exposure? Some of our greatest actors have Soap Opera roots. Take for instance Oscar winning actress Julianne Moore her time on “ As The World Turns” ment so much to her that she returned to the show before it went off the air to show her appreciation and love of the show. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with being on a soap or acting in one! I’m super excited to see Leo on screen on for steady basis. For all the naysayers I challenge you to tune in instead of bashing, who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Idk if you were referring to my post or not, as I wasn’t trying it be overly negative. But regardless, soap operas are a television genre in decline. The rise of streaming and having a vast number of shows on demand has killed a lot of soaps that used to do extremely well. There’s only a few left. Regardless, as others have said it is good steady work, but I would dispute the idea that it’s work that will necessarily get you exposure, especially today. Again not saying it’s bad necessarily, but it’s a bit more iffy. You mention Julianne Moore and that’s true, lots of actors got their start on soaps, but that was at a time when they had much much better ratings and cultural significance.

Idk if you were referring to my post or not, as I wasn’t trying it be overly negative. But regardless, soap operas are a television genre in decline. The rise of streaming and having a vast number of shows on demand has killed a lot of soaps that used to do extremely well. There’s only a few left. Regardless, as others have said it is good steady work, but I would dispute the idea that it’s work that will necessarily get you exposure, especially today. Again not saying it’s bad necessarily, but it’s a bit more iffy. You mention Julianne Moore and that’s true, lots of actors got their start on soaps, but that was at a time when they had much much better ratings and cultural significance.

Soaps are not as popular and huge as they used to be, but they are still doing very well on platforms (YR and BB on Paramount and Amazon, GH on Hulu and Days on Peacock) and have steady ratings on network tv. CBS has just renewed YR for another 4 years (a big deal in this time and age) and they're going to launch a brand new daytime soap (The Gates).
Nicholas Chavez, a young talented actor, played Spencer on GH from 2021 to early 2024. He left the show because he is taping a Ryan Murphy series as a lead actor.

Soaps are not as popular and huge as they used to be, but they are still doing very well on platforms (YR and BB on Paramount and Amazon, GH on Hulu and Days on Peacock) and have steady ratings on network tv. CBS has just renewed YR for another 4 years (a big deal in this time and age) and they're going to launch a brand new daytime soap (The Gates).
Nicholas Chavez, a young talented actor, played Spencer on GH from 2021 to early 2024. He left the show because he is taping a Ryan Murphy series as a lead actor.

Yeah, that's fair enough. There is potential there for it to be really good for someone's career. Although don't get me started on Ryan Murphy lol.

Soap operas have always been seen as a little trashy. I think the inherent melodrama in the art form irritates some people. Plus all the fan service i.e. all the half-naked hunks. :joy: