new fathers.... to cut or no?

Sfcubby

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
How creepy is it that you’re already obsessed with your grandchildren having “long foreskins”? Get help.

I will absolutely encourage my grandsons to be circumcised! I could not stand to have a grandson going through school years or a quarter of his life dragging along a foreskin especially when a “really, really long foreskin”. (Previous post). My own grandparents were either from Germany or “bare-foot ridge runners” and they either preferred prison camps for the circumcised.or they did not go to school long enough to spell circumcision, let alone ask for it. I choose a simple 15 to 20 minute procedure @ $400 and full healing in two weeks over 23 years of visits to the Doctor, salves, ointments, stretching and pulling foreskin, sutures, with probable general anesthesia and costing over $4000 (10x). To be safe, you would have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to just JO.
I know that when I see threads worded like this, it is usually a pre-planned foreskin fanatic effort to stir up their old rehearsed lines. Their intention is, of course, for you to be “reasonable” and see it their way, I now have two uncut grandsons now and I am watching one with a very long foreskin already having trouble pissing. There are already aim and pain issues. There is lots of discussion, touching, some pulling all in a whisper. The entire issue of his circumcision could have been over and done at 2 weeks. Instead, one year down possibly 22 to go? It is hard to believe how many people around the world are hand-wringing over all of our foreskins. They just need to get a life.

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I asked my fiancée once and she is all for circumcising at birth or close to it - she was surprised I’d even asked. I am cut myself, but I was done as an adult with no underlying health issues and I am very happy with it. My cousins were cut at birth and I remember growing up wishing I was as well and not loving my foreskin too much, particularly as I remember being forcefully retracted by family with each bath until it loosened up. Having experienced it both ways now, I think foreskins are overrated and from a purely practical and health perspective, the circumcised penis is overall easier to live with, even if the benefits are still small. I have also not noticed any decrease in sexual sensation, orgasm intensity etc. so I do not buy the claim that circumcision harms sex. If pressed to choose now, I would likely elect to have a future son circumcised and I feel like I would do it in good faith.

Mcuthigh

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I asked my fiancée once and she is all for circumcising at birth or close to it - she was surprised I’d even asked. I am cut myself, but I was done as an adult with no underlying health issues and I am very happy with it. My cousins were cut at birth and I remember growing up wishing I was as well and not loving my foreskin too much, particularly as I remember being forcefully retracted by family with each bath until it loosened up. Having experienced it both ways now, I think foreskins are overrated and from a purely practical and health perspective, the circumcised penis is overall easier to live with, even if the benefits are still small. I have also not noticed any decrease in sexual sensation, orgasm intensity etc. so I do not buy the claim that circumcision harms sex. If pressed to choose now, I would likely elect to have a future son circumcised and I feel like I would do it in good faith.
Thanks for your honesty!! I totally agree.

Reactions: Summer of 1973

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No adult has a right to violate a child's body. The skin is there for a reason. Fuck religion or family tradition as a reason, or a mother's wish to have the skin cut as "a revenge" for all males, or as a sign of power and control. A child's or a young boy's circumcision is acceptable only for a strong medical reason, a serious health concern. If an adult male knowingly wishes to be cut, that's OK.

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[QUOTE="sevencut, post: 6934408, member: 853369"

Male circumcisions have been performed for thousands of years all over the world. This isn’t just an American thing. Other than religious reasons, I believe there are health benefits. Not to mention some cultures do it as a coming of age tradition for boys into adulthood thus making their penis ready for sexual function.

The scientific evidence shows that penile and male sexual health is higher in Countries that don't circumcise. Mexico has a much lower HIV rate than the US. Japan has a lower HIV rate then Saudi Arabia. Denmark has a much lower incidence of penile cancer than Israel. Adult circumcised men have a higher incidence of UTIs than uncircumcised babies.
THe numbers just don't add up to circumcision having many health benefits.[/QUOTE]
-

PLUS having the skin enhances pleasure.

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We chose to not circ our son when he was born. My sister-in-law, who is a physician, disagreed with us and warned that women would be turned off by his uncut penis later in life.

-
What a hysterical "skinnophobe" sister-in-law, with that attitude she would deserve to be barred from practicing medicine.

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll third that. IMO, best to let the individual decide. Thats my plan if I ever have a son. (Of course mum would have a say too). I'm uncut myself, so I doubt it would be much of an issue anyway. But as the poster said, nobody will ever come to a consensus on this topic anyway.

Why on earth would a boy's mom (or father) have a say whether the boy is cut or not? When the boy is an adult, HE can decide, it's nobody else's business. Let the mom decide if she wants her clit removed.

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Apparently I have a lot of feelings on this matter. I've written and re-written a post several times. Ultimately it's a decision for every parent to make on their own. "cut or uncut, it's still a dick and you're still a man". That's true.

It's NOT a decision for every PARENT to make but the boy when he is an adult and knows what he wants. As simple as that.

justahornyguy174

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No adult has a right to violate a child's body. The skin is there for a reason. Fuck religion or family tradition as a reason, or a mother's wish to have the skin cut as "a revenge" for all males, or as a sign of power and control. A child's or a young boy's circumcision is acceptable only for a strong medical reason, a serious health concern. If an adult male knowingly wishes to be cut, that's OK.
Yeah I agree, it's weird as F.
If you want it done as an adult then yeah do it, but no one has the right to decide that for a child. If your religion says it must be done then I'm sorry to break it to you, your religion is wrong.

Mcuthigh

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why on earth would a boy's mom (or father) have a say whether the boy is cut or not? When the boy is an adult, HE can decide, it's nobody else's business. Let the mom decide if she wants her clit removed.

So it appears that F Man is saying that a parent’s first and last decision regarding a male child is when they choose whether to conceive him at all because parental choices will terminate should they wish to have him circumcised.
Therefore, if parents are denied the opportunity to have their son circumcised, taxation by the State must pay for all incurred costs from birth to eighteen years of age. (Note: A circumcision at birth costs around $420 with a two week recovery. Over 18 years, the total accumulated costs would be approximately $ 8,420 with a 6 - 7 week recovery.

D

deleted1334580

The big thing here (and entering into a hornet swarm of opinions) is choice. I really really like that I am cut at birth, I know no other. I guess that's a lucky choice, as my parents go. But if I were to bring a new one into the world, and he happened to be male, I'd leave him that choice later in life. My mother even asked me once "Are you ok with that? If not I am so sorry". I haven't looked back but others wearing same skin as me might, so I do prefer leaving intact at birth. Then you can tell him about the benefits of it and he can decide for himself. My $0.02.

Since my only child so far has been a daughter, gracious, and in college as we speak here, this was all not in the decision picture. BTW she's doing great!

Reactions: aldawg

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So it appears that F Man is saying that a parent’s first and last decision regarding a male child is when they choose whether to conceive him at all because parental choices will terminate should they wish to have him circumcised.
Therefore, if parents are denied the opportunity to have their son circumcised, taxation by the State must pay for all incurred costs from birth to eighteen years of age. (Note: A circumcision at birth costs around $420 with a two week recovery. Over 18 years, the total accumulated costs would be approximately $ 8,420 with a 6 - 7 week recovery.

LOL the logic is absurd: have the son cut against his will at early age as the clipping is more expensive as he gets older. Well, the American health care system IS crooked, and clipping the boy has usually nothing to do with his health but parental obsession. If the parents do feel THIS OBSESSED, they should have their head examined, and pay the damned higher cost later if the adult boy so chooses. Not having circumcision is the cheapest option, and with this logic, too, the ideal solution.

aguymsp612

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

At what age were you forced to retract at bath time? The foreskin is fused to the head until puberty. Retracting before then can cause major damage

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I had a son, that's his business not mine. What he does with his foreskin, tonsils, wisdom teeth, appendix lol, etc., is up to him.

If there's a legit, serious medical reason for having some part of his body removed that's a different story.

Reactions: Sfcubby

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
At what age were you forced to retract at bath time? The foreskin is fused to the head until puberty. Retracting before then can cause major damage

Most should be able to retract well before puberty. Some might still not get it back after it loosens from the head because their foreskin opening is too small to get the head through. If that happens they'll need to stretch it slowly, which should work.

Some also don't know it should retract. I was one of those until I saw others pulling theirs back.

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Up until I was old enough to wash myself. It didn’t fully retract until well into puberty. It did eventually loosen up into my late teens and I enjoyed problem-free sex for a few years, but never grew to love my foreskin and eventually chose to get circumcised. I felt better after, though I do concede some of that might be due to my individual circumstances. Nevertheless, having experienced it both ways, I do find that the benefits and downsides either side of the debate line are grossly exaggerated.

MarriedGuyinKY

Expert Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Feel like I am stepping into a hornet’s nest here but for those dad’s and future dad’s reading that have or are contemplating circumcision.

I had three sons (all grown) and they were all circumcised.

They seem emotionally fine in early adulthood. They are well adjusted. It can happen - even for the circumcised - despite the opinion of others on this thread.

I would worry much more about you parenting after the first week of a newborn. Your chance of imposing emotional harm/scars by parenting decisions as they grow up are infinitely higher than the literal scar from circumcision.

Thank you for attending my TED talk. Rant over.

ar49out

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Never circ’ed my sons, left that decision to them.
One did, one did not, both my men are happy with the choices they made.
My parents went the circ route, youngest brother, Dr refused to circ as he said there was no religious grounds to do so. Always envied him,