new fathers.... to cut or no?

Zeg25

Experimental Member
Media
No, but you will be making decisions that alter the course of your son's life irrevocably whether you like it or not, and it is the absolute responsibility of all parents to make the decisions that will alter their children's lives in their best interests. Vacciniation, education, interests, morals.....

It's every parent's right to choose to have their son circumcised or not according to whether or not they feel the benefits of the procedure outweigh the risks. But the "I'll let him chose in 20 years' time, when the procedure is more complicated" is an abdication of responsibility.

This is such an absurd answer. Yes parents do make choices for their kids but choosing not to cut understanding that they may choose to get cut later is the responsible answer.

You are assuming that there is a true need to circumcise, like sending your child to school or feeding them. That is not true at all and delaying circumcision does not hurt a boy one bit.

I don't deny that the choice to circumcise a boy has an effect on a boy, but it is pretty clear that most men are happy with the decision their parents made. Most circumcised men are happy they are circumcised. Most intact men are happy they are intact.

Where you run into problems is if the men are not happy with their status. If you are intact, it requires a surgery that takes a month or two to recover from (and any "complications" of an adult doing it just comes from the radical change circumcision causes at any age. The only difference is that an infant can't complain.). Most of these men are very happy to be cut and go on to live full lives. Just ask them.

Meanwhile, if you are like me, cut at birth, there is absolutely nothing I can do to physically fix this problem. That is the one outcome for which there is no solution and one that I believe responsible parents should avoid.

If it were the case that circumcision was like a vaccine against much of anything, perhaps the conversation would be different. It isn't a vaccine against STI's (or teasing) so that point is mute.

I am glad you are happy with your penis. I am not telling you not to be. This does not justify the choice you will make for your sons however.

Ttyl3D

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just can't believe there is a need for the surgery. Even for religious/cultural reasons. Unless, obviously, it is medically recommended.

Otherwise it is an unnecessary mutilation. People survive just fine with the natural skin they grow, the majority of the time. Just teach your son hygiene etc. It isn't your body and this does not rank in the way other preventative health measures (vaccinations etc) do in importance for future health.

Also, don't pierce your childs ears either. Let them do it if they want it.

(to clarify, I am intact and feel attraction to both adult intact and cut penises).

D

deleted1846971

Why would you not let him choose when he is old enough.

Unless there is problems with your forskin most men who have forskin dont get it cut of because they feel better with it. But you want to make that decision for your son because of what you know or prefer.

Yes I am going to make that decision just like I’ll make tons of more important decisions for him. Personally I’m so happy my Father had me circumcised. If he hadn’t I would be to afraid of the pain to do it now.

Reactions: orangeC

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes I am going to make that decision just like I’ll make tons of more important decisions for him. Personally I’m so happy my Father had me circumcised. If he hadn’t I would be to afraid of the pain to do it now.

Ok be selfish then. Btw if you never experienced forskin why do you think you would be in the tiny minority of guys who do have and decide to get it cut.

D

deleted1846971

Ok be selfish then. Btw if you never experienced forskin why do you think you would be in the tiny minority of guys who do have and decide to get it cut.
I’m making as strong an assumption about myself as you’re making about my future son.

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I’m making as strong an assumption about myself as you’re making about my future son.
No you're make the assumption that he wont like his natural body. So making a decision on his behalf to permanently ulter it without his say. When the vast majority of men with their natural bodies intact dont choose to ulter it. But you presume he will be one of the tiny minority who would so will make that decision for him.

I ar

Reactions: Ttyl3D

Ttyl3D

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Yes but WHY does he need circumcised? It is of no benefit.

Ttyl3D

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Circumcise him. I’m an adult and got circumcised on Thursday it really sucks you can see the pics in my blog.

You don't make sense. WHY circumcise hiim though? You may have disliked having it done as an adult but an unnecessary surgery on a child who cannot consent is mutilation in my book. ~70% men in the world are intact, less and less people are being circumcised as there is no need.

Reactions: Temperature

Ttyl3D

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don’t believe in RIC, but it must be a hard decision to allow your sons to be different to everyone else and then potentially choose to go through being cut as an adult.

I understand the concern about the sons being different (although circumcision rates are at about 50% in the US I think), although surely kids will get past it.

But why are people assuming it’ll be even considered as an adult? Very few people are circumcised as an adult.

St00vie

Sexy Member
Media
I understand the concern about the sons being different (although circumcision rates are at about 50% in the US I think), although surely kids will get past it.

But why are people assuming it’ll be even considered as an adult? Very few people are circumcised as an adult.

There are a good few here who chose it as an adult because they were different, I’m supposing that they have the worst of all worlds.

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There are a good few here who chose it as an adult because they were different, I’m supposing that they have the worst of all worlds.
While I sort of wish my parents hadn’t gone against the family norm and left me uncut, I don’t think I had the worst of all worlds by finally getting cut at 21. We are in the minority in Britain and while friends and family who are cut are happy about it (and some uncut friends envy them), I’m not exactly sure how I would have felt about having the choice taken away from me. Or rather, I fear I might have ended up manipulated by the online community into thinking I had been mutilated. My older cousin, who grew up in the pre-intactivist era was very proud of his circumcised cock. While I haven’t asked him about his feelings now, he’s happily married and his wife once joked while drunk that he has the prettiest cock she’s had, so I doubt that my man is having any late remorse about having been circumcised. I imagine the vast majority of circumcised men are like him and I am honestly appalled that there is so much negativity online and a concerted effort to portray at as mutilation. I am fairly sure many men end up feeling more insecure by their penis solely as a consequence of this attitude, despite otherwise being perfectly healthy with a fully functional and normal penis, and that saddens me.

Ttyl3D

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While I sort of wish my parents hadn’t gone against the family norm and left me uncut, I don’t think I had the worst of all worlds by finally getting cut at 21. We are in the minority in Britain and while friends and family who are cut are happy about it (and some uncut friends envy them), I’m not exactly sure how I would have felt about having the choice taken away from me. Or rather, I fear I might have ended up manipulated by the online community into thinking I had been mutilated. My older cousin, who grew up in the pre-intactivist era was very proud of his circumcised cock. While I haven’t asked him about his feelings now, he’s happily married and his wife once joked while drunk that he has the prettiest cock she’s had, so I doubt that my man is having any late remorse about having been circumcised. I imagine the vast majority of circumcised men are like him and I am honestly appalled that there is so much negativity online and a concerted effort to portray at as mutilation. I am fairly sure many men end up feeling more insecure by their penis solely as a consequence of this attitude, despite otherwise being perfectly healthy with a fully functional and normal penis, and that saddens me.

I'm glad you were left to have the choice as an adult, as I believe it should be. Although I only know of one friend (UK) who is cut and thats because he needed it medically when older, otherwise I have no idea about anyone else's status (including family). So I don't know if I would've been influenced by those factors.

I disagree with people feeling insecure because of modern attitudes though, I think there is a greater sensitivity to unnecessary procedures without consent and this falls into it. (although I do believe the term "mutilation" applies here, when not consented for and unnecessary).

tnman

SIR Daddy
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well I am going to assume you have had sex before you got cut at 21? Only YOU can set the record straight and tell us if it's a better feel or a worse one, or about the same? Unless you have been on both sides of the fence you really have no clue as if it's better being cut or uncut

Stu311

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well I am going to assume you have had sex before you got cut at 21? Only YOU can set the record straight and tell us if it's a better feel or a worse one, or about the same? Unless you have been on both sides of the fence you really have no clue as if it's better being cut or uncut
I did have sex before and after and it feels about the same, so I don’t think the sex argument weighs that much into the debate, as far as my own experience is concerned. For me sex is far more than what I feel with the tip of my penis anyway. For example, I have had amazing intercourse with ladies that were on the looser end of the spectrum (vaginally) just because they were super into it and meh sex with otherwise very fit and tight ladies down there that were just not as interested/into it in bed. The actual presence or absence of a foreskin and the few percentage points it might contribute to overall sensitivity pales in comparison to factors I had just mentioned. It’s like worrying about aerodynamics on a freight train. Sure, a streamlined design might save you a few gallons of diesel every thousandth mile, but does it really matter?

Last edited:

circedbychoice

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an American who was not circumcised at birth, I always felt embarrassed in locker rooms among so many circumcised guys. In school locker rooms it seemed like it was the poorer kids who were uncut. Also it seemed it was the white kids as opposed to my brown race who were uncut.
I finally got cut as an adult at age 35, but I really wish I had been cut at birth and not had to endure being uncut among my peers. I thought their cut cocks looked better anyway. There was one guy who I thought especially had an awesome looking cut cock. I could hardly keep my eyes off of it when we were nude in the locker room. That was when I felt most embarrassed. I hated for him to see my uncut cock.
So for some of us not being circumcised is an important issue in our lives. So save your son embarrassment because you didn't have him circumcised. It was important in my life.