Post What's For Dinner (with Photos)

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
We made rolls for the lake! Seaweed wraps with avocado, radish, arugula and smoked mackerel.

qPvRctS.jpg

D

deleted5791141

0C89D98B-07E1-4981-821E-D5A50310F28F.jpeg
Donburi charshu with jasmine rice, the most tender pork belly that melted in my mouth, daikon sprouts, furikake seasoning, pineapple kimchi and a Japanese coconut gravy. It was amazing.

T

T_Lurch

20210425_183548.jpg

Beef bulgogi (still hot from the wok), cucumber kimchi (stupidly yummy, though I wish they'd cut the cucumbers up a tad smaller), and Korean pa-jeon (scallion pancakes).

You don't want to pour maple syrup on these pancakes though, they're savory. I dipped them in ML's awesome gochujang concoction.

T

T_Lurch

View attachment 33961811

Last night’s salad. Half remains for tonight.
Chopped butter lettuce, cucumber, bell peppers, carrot, onion, apple. Dressing is lime juice, red curry paste, maple syrup, olive oil and mustard.
That looks like a dynamite salad.

I'm a major citrus freak as I usually have lime juice in some form or other either in marinades, salad dressings, or sauces. And if not lime, then lemon or oranges. Probably why Thai and Mexican food has a heavy appeal to me as well.

Even though it's a mélange, the salad has a Thai vibe to me with the mix of lime juice and red curry.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That looks like a dynamite salad.

I'm a major citrus freak as I usually have lime juice in some form or other either in marinades, salad dressings, or sauces. And if not lime, then lemon or oranges. Probably why Thai and Mexican food has a heavy appeal to me as well.

Even though it's a mélange, the salad has a Thai vibe to me with the mix of lime juice and red curry.
It did. I think I’ll try peanut powder in the next dressing, too.
I make my own peanut sauce on the fly, and I like to limit fats/use better fats, so peanut powder is my friend. I do have too much tahini around, and it’s a great substitute for PB.

Reactions: T_Lurch
T

T_Lurch

It did. I think I’ll try peanut powder in the next dressing, too.
I make my own peanut sauce on the fly, and I like to limit fats/use better fats, so peanut powder is my friend. I do have too much tahini around, and it’s a great substitute for PB.
Haven't tried that. I've had tahini in Middle Eastern food before.

Peanut dressings are terrific in salads too.

Reactions: ArtAppreciation