Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
08687F19-81FF-4651-BD65-2AC28B852D1E.jpeg

Lunch on the balcony...Chicken, chick peas, cauliflower with a masala sauce, rice with turmeric, cucumber tomato salad with yogurt and a naan bread freshly made. Not shown was Açaí tea to drink . Very quick to make and was tasty.

T

T_Lurch

View attachment 34107231

Lunch on the balcony...Chicken, chick peas, cauliflower with a masala sauce, rice with turmeric, cucumber tomato salad with yogurt and a naan bread freshly made. Not shown was Açaí tea to drink . Very quick to make and was tasty.
Yummy Indian food!

Don't get to have it very often since the nearest Indian restaurant is about 35 miles from me. I gotta learn to make some Indian dishes.

Reactions: BIGBULL29

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
View attachment 34107231

I wanted to eat that screen picture. Thanks for the tease.

T

T_Lurch

20210503_145749.jpg

20210503_174928.jpg

Traveled to Orlando, breaking two of my own personal rules: staying away from fast food and....driving to Orlando, the City Deadly, I mean, The City Beautiful.

For my wife's fiftieth birthday, she wanted to have something she hadn't had in over twenty years: a White Castle slider.

In Florida, White Castles haven't existed since at least before I was born. Instead we have a similar restaurant called Krystal which, while passable, serves up an inferior pale imitation of WC's little square hamburgers. They decided to open the first one in Florida, the largest WC in existence, in celebration of the company's hundredth birthday.

We braved toll roads, maniac drivers (nearly being sideswiped four times), and Orlando's infamous courtesy and hospitality (five hours wait time to get in, and three separate people trying to cut in line. I was having none of it and I pulled my car close to the car in front of me to stop them from squeezing in. They all flipped us the bird and screamed threats while speeding off).

Most importantly, gave my wife her birthday wish (which made it all worth it) and we got a crave case of 30 sliders with a side of chicken rings, and onion chips.

Everything was pretty damn tasty and I can say that WC's food in general pretty much pisses on Krystal's offerings from a great height. The service was amazing too with the staff being extremely friendly and fast, while at the last Krystal I visited, they pretty much fired the food at you with a slingshot and did everything short of tell you to piss off.

We picked up a commemorative 100 year White Castle mug for the visit as well.

Lookinginconshy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
View attachment 34216961
View attachment 34216971
Traveled to Orlando, breaking two of my own personal rules: staying away from fast food and....driving to Orlando, the City Deadly, I mean, The City Beautiful.

For my wife's fiftieth birthday, she wanted to have something she hadn't had in over twenty years: a White Castle slider.

In Florida, White Castles haven't existed since at least before I was born. Instead we have a similar restaurant called Krystal which, while passable, serves up an inferior pale imitation of WC's little square hamburgers. They decided to open the first one in Florida, the largest WC in existence, in celebration of the company's hundredth birthday.

We braved toll roads, maniac drivers (nearly being sideswiped four times), and Orlando's infamous courtesy and hospitality (five hours wait time to get in, and three separate people trying to cut in line. I was having none of it and I pulled my car close to the car in front of me to stop them from squeezing in. They all flipped us the bird and screamed threats while speeding off).

Most importantly, gave my wife her birthday wish (which made it all worth it) and we got a crave case of 30 sliders with a side of chicken rings, and onion chips.

Everything was pretty damn tasty and I can say that WC's food in general pretty much pisses on Krystal's offerings from a great height. The service was amazing too with the staff being extremely friendly and fast, while at the last Krystal I visited, they pretty much fired the food at you with a slingshot and did everything short of tell you to piss off.

We picked up a commemorative 100 year White Castle mug for the visit as well.
OMG. The two of you ate 30 hamburgers! And a side of chicken on top of that!. Oh, I don’t want to hear about your stomach ache!!!!!

Reactions: T_Lurch
T

T_Lurch

OMG. The two of you ate 30 hamburgers! And a side of chicken on top of that!. Oh, I don’t want to hear about your stomach ache!!!!!
Oh, no stomach ache.

There's no WAY her and I could eat all that. I had six sliders and she had seven. We were starving, but not that hungry.

We saved the rest and refrigerated them.

Reactions: Lookinginconshy

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
20210507_212222.jpg

Made some vegetarian spring rolls (pretty sure they're vegan actually but didn't check the ingredients in the sauce). Red cabbage, carrots, green onions and mango mixed with sweet chili sauce and lemon juice. :yum

T

T_Lurch

20210508_173640.jpg

Crunchy tostadas with one of the best peach mango salsas ever....

20210508_174628.jpg

Along with seasoned ground beef/tomato sauce....

20210508_182433.jpg

Equals Southwestern Tex-Mex goodness. Tostadas with all the fixins, warm Mexican corn and zucchini salad, refried beans, and Spanish rice.

20210508_182636.jpg

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Since I'm still leery about eating out in a restaurant, but wanted to give Mrs. Motion a break for Mother's Day I decided to order out. Using our Biden-mandated quota of red meat I went with beef with mushrooms for myself and pepper steak for her. It was quite filling even though I was hungry again an hour later...the curse of Chinese food :D.

Mine, partially eaten:

DSCF7065.JPG

Lookinginconshy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This forum thread is really a good one. It is so nice to see bits people’s personalities peak out with their food postings and reveal what they eat or drink. It give me a feeling of comradery with those who post. I just wish more folks would post their meals.

Sunday’s are usually fun meals for us. Today was sort of a mixed buffet. It always starts with a vodka as my wife distills our own.**
Today was a tangerine vodka (not sweet but strong).

Today fixings: pepper salami, pepperoni, Brie,cheddar, Colby jack (new to me), Gouda, olive salad, guacamole, sweet peppers and mix mini-tomatoes. Drink: Earl grey tea or cranberry

Dessert: California dates, vodka

** EU licensed private distillery so legal not moon shine!
F5272506-D1EE-4F03-8C6A-EE52C5D0F603.jpeg

T

T_Lurch

This forum thread is really a good one. It is so nice to see bits people’s personalities peak out with their food postings and reveal what they eat or drink. It give me a feeling of comradery with those who post. I just wish more folks would post their meals.

Sunday’s are usually fun meals for us. Today was sort of a mixed buffet. It always starts with a vodka as my wife distills our own.**
Today was a tangerine vodka (not sweet but strong).

Today fixings: pepper salami, pepperoni, Brie,cheddar, Colby jack (new to me), Gouda, olive salad, guacamole, sweet peppers and mix mini-tomatoes. Drink: Earl grey tea or cranberry

Dessert: California dates, vodka

** EU licensed private distillery so legal not moon shine!
View attachment 34547901
I thought so, myself. It might not be the most titillating or exciting of subjects on here, but it's a nice slice of life sort of thing and shows how we're all bonded by a love of good food at least.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Although I've never had a freshly made White Castle slider, only the boxed frozen ones from the supermarket, I'm quite familiar with Krystal's. In addition to once eating there quite often, I actually worked the overnight shift at one for all of a week when we were still in the recon phase of deciding whether to move down here permanently or not. Although it was obviously only meant to be temporary, but being located along the busy strip of clubs and titty bars, it was quite the memorable week as it introduced me to some of the local wildlife, which at that time in the morning mostly consisted of strippers, drunk guys disappointed that didn't get to go home with said strippers and drag queens. It also taught me that the advice to be nice to fast-food workers is true...they will fuck with your food. Not that I'm admitting to anything of course :rolleyes:.

But although those little burgers were quite tasty, I also found that in greater numbers they also unfortunately doubled as gastronomical laxatives. While Taco Bell may have you run for the border, Krystal's had you run for the john. So I'm not sure how White Castle compares, although they seem extremely similar in all other respects. Guess now that one opened down here I'll have to eventually go do some field testing, especially since from what seen, Krystal's are no mas. So White Castle expanding here might have been an excellent corporate move given there is no longer competition when one has cravings for those little burgers.

T

T_Lurch

Although I've never had a freshly made White Castle slider, only the boxed frozen ones from the supermarket, I'm quite familiar with Krystal's. In addition to once eating there quite often, I actually worked the overnight shift at one for all of a week when we were still in the recon phase of deciding whether to move down here permanently or not. Although it was obviously only meant to be temporary, but being located along the busy strip of clubs and titty bars, it was quite the memorable week as it introduced me to some of the local wildlife, which at that time in the morning mostly consisted of strippers, drunk guys disappointed that didn't get to go home with said strippers and drag queens. It also taught me that the advice to be nice to fast-food workers is true...they will fuck with your food. Not that I'm admitting to anything of course :rolleyes:.

But although those little burgers were quite tasty, I also found that in greater numbers they also unfortunately doubled as gastronomical laxatives. While Taco Bell may have you run for the border, Krystal's had you run for the john. So I'm not sure how White Castle compares, although they seem extremely similar in all other respects. Guess now that one opened down here I'll have to eventually go do some field testing, especially since from what seen, Krystal's are no mas. So White Castle expanding here might have been an excellent corporate move given there is no longer competition when one has cravings for those little burgers.
My wife told me all about WC up north. A common repository for bellicose drunks and other unsavory types with the late night munchies.

Thankfully I didn't overindulge when I went. Most people weren't going to leave the grand opening with just a simple four slider meal as I saw a lot of folks leaving there with crave cases. Taco Bell has always been a leading cause of the Tijuana two-step for late night snacking; i've never been a fan.

We had Krystals here as long as I can remember but they ranged from being lousy to middling. White Castle might fill the void left in their absence quite nicely.

And definitely, definitely be nice to those who prepare your food. My attitude borders on obsequious on the rare occasions I get drive thru food since I've heard all sorts of horror stories about what irritated, underpaid fast food workers can do to your meal. Plus, it's a good idea to be nice to people working in that field anyway; they are paid practically in sticks and beans, suffer gratuitous abuse at the hands of the customers and managers, and it's a thankless, soul-crushing job all around.

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean