Prince Philip Dead At 99.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hope that the one from the Oprah interview uses common sense, and, DOES NOT fly to europe for the funeral... Fight COVID first!

Of course he will, I doubt he will self isolate for 10 days either, they think the rules don't apply to them. I expect there will be more than 30 at the funeral in clear breach of the UK Covid rules COVID-19: guidance for arranging or attending a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic

Rather hoping this will be the start of the end of the monarchy

Reactions: HorseHung40's

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As if colonial powers, which the queen is the living representative, weren’t disrespectful when they went around colonizing black and brown people. Fuck that inbred family.
For a fucking yank to go on about colonizing is a bit rich when the KKK are still out there lynching people.
I say fuck you, fuck your family and when you fucking die I wont fucking miss you.
Plus you know fuck all about history.
And I thought, foolish me, that Texans had empathy - but then I remembered they were cut down to size at the Alamo

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course he will, I doubt he will self isolate for 10 days either, they think the rules don't apply to them. I expect there will be more than 30 at the funeral in clear breach of the UK Covid rules COVID-19: guidance for arranging or attending a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic

Rather hoping this will be the start of the end of the monarchy
says he who lives on a legacy of cuckoo clocks and chocolate and the interest generated by stolen German money.
Hopefully this is your option, not that it counts, and not that of the Swiss nation.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fine, I’ll stay on topic. Remember when Phillip asked an Aboriginal Australian if they “still throw spears at each other?”
Or when he told a group of British students in China that if they stayed there much longer they’ll “end up slitty-eyed”?
What an amazing legacy he left behind. I am so saddened by his loss! RIP 1921-2021
Just saying what a lot of us had thought in our heads - if you do in whats left of your live one iota of the good he generated then you'll die a happy man. Hopefully without your memory being insulted by morons.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It really doesn't make much sense to speak of anyone as fortunate when a loved one passes away. Sure, some are more materially impacted by a death than others, but it's still the case that anyone deserves sympathy with respect to loss of life and the grief that accompanies it.

... And just how much sympathy do you express for:

1.) The vast number of refugees, who are fleeing tyranny and civil war in the middle east - civil war that was fomented by anglophone countries, including the UK?

2.) The Rohingya, fleeing in Burma from a corrupt regime that was led by Aung Sung Suuchi?

3.) Those affected by the border war in the Donbass and Crimean regions? Can't even find that on a map?

4.) The Uighurs in western China?

I am going to guess that these people aren't even on your radar.

A country needs a monarch, like a fish needs a bicycle.

Reactions: DoomOfGunmar

Mickey Finn

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The politics around this is pretty toxic, a lot of it knee-jerk hostility, but it's worth noting that the reign of Elizabeth Il has been mostly about dismantling the British Empire and giving back sovereignty to former colonies.

I've often wondered whether it's worth keeping a monarch as Head of State, but when I look around the world for better examples I can't find any. What would you have? An elected president? I look at the damage and Ill-repute many such presidents bring upon their own countries in the eyes of those around the world, and I think.... No, I'll stick with what we've got, thanks!

DoomOfGunmar

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Hillside, New Jersey, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just saying what a lot of us had thought in our heads - if you do in whats left of your live one iota of the good he generated then you'll die a happy man. Hopefully without your memory being insulted by morons.
I’m sorry, but if I was a racist in my life, then I died and no one brought up the fact that I WAS racist, then what does that say about those that mourn me?

DoomOfGunmar

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Mickey Finn

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They were all good looking. But when they hit 30, they went rancid. It’s probably bc their family tree is a circle lol

It is certainly true that the royal families of Europe were/are quite closely related, as this pic of Tsar Nicholas II, the last Tsar of Russia, and King George V of Gt Britain, the present Queen's grandfather, shows. Mind you, those beards and taches account for about 80 % of the similarities lol!

1230 Tsar_Nicholas_II_&_King_George_V-min.jpg

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were great-great grandchildren of Queen Victoria, but I'm not a geneticist so I can't say how that might affect them, if at all. Still, the fact that the Duke lived to nearly 100 suggests there were no serious genetic disorders present!!

veronakid2000

Admired Member
Media
... And just how much sympathy do you express for:

1.) The vast number of refugees, who are fleeing tyranny and civil war in the middle east - civil war that was fomented by anglophone countries, including the UK?

2.) The Rohingya, fleeing in Burma from a corrupt regime that was led by Aung Sung Suuchi?

3.) Those affected by the border war in the Donbass and Crimean regions? Can't even find that on a map?

4.) The Uighurs in western China?

I am going to guess that these people aren't even on your radar.

A country needs a monarch, like a fish needs a bicycle.

Top response!

I just wish that I was as smart and switched on as you. You know everything about everything. And are able to offer comprehensive, balanced and nuanced assessments about geo-political matters without the need - as so many do - to reach for the cliche phrase book of what you have just read, somewhere or other.

You discuss all points of view and make your case with clear and lucid points.

Not for you, The Angry Man who just rants on and veers all over the place approach.

We all need to learn from your wisdom.

Oh, and sympathy is not finite.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Top response!

I just wish that I was as smart and switched on as you. You know everything about everything. And are able to offer comprehensive, balanced and nuanced assessments about geo-political matters without the need - as so many do - to reach for the cliche phrase book of what you have just read, somewhere or other.

You discuss all points of view and make your case with clear and lucid points.

Not for you, The Angry Man who just rants on and veers all over the place approach.

We all need to learn from your wisdom.

Oh, and sympathy is not finite.
Well, who'd a thunk it? HorseHung40.

DoomOfGunmar

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is certainly true that the royal families of Europe were/are quite closely related, as this pic of Tsar Nicholas II, the last Tsar of Russia, and King George V of Gt Britain, the present Queen's grandfather, shows. Mind you, those beards and taches account for about 80 % of the similarities lol!

View attachment 32917741

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were great-great grandchildren of Queen Victoria, but I'm not a geneticist so I can't say how that might affect them, if at all. Still, the fact that the Duke lived to nearly 100 suggests there were no serious genetic disorders present!!
That’s fucking gross!

veronakid2000

Admired Member
Media
Neither am I, but it must be said he seemed a bit beetle-browed at times.
He would often do exactly what I'm sure he knew he shouldn't do.
The emergent schoolboy in him as he did these things was supposed to be refreshingly authentic.
Worked for some, not for others.
For me, it worked intermittently. Not because it wasn't dumb stuff, but because I saw him as a reasonable variant of (mere) decency in his generation.

we all will always respect your....opionion.
That’s fucking gross!

Eh?
That’s fucking gross!

Helpful advice?

1. whatever you are on, get off it.
2. Hate does not help you - Relax! Enjoy! Who cares!
3. Love is infinite; no boundaries to love

DoomOfGunmar

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
we all will always respect your....opionion.

Eh?

Helpful advice?

1. whatever you are on, get off it.
2. Hate does not help you - Relax! Enjoy! Who cares!
3. Love is infinite; no boundaries to love
“No boundaries to love”? That’s…concerning. You know why type of people think like that? Yikes!