Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I am not sure if this is the right place, but what the hell.

Generally curious with sauna and steam room around the world, and I am sure there are a lot of enthusiasts here who can tell some exciting stories lol.

I'm in Taiwan, and we have a steam room and sauna in the gym. A lot of times, it has been a place to cruise around, and majority of the time, guys are fully exposed. I've seen a few nice looking straight guys who got no qualms on showing their soft dicks. I've suck and been sucked in those places lol. One time, I sucked a guy in the steam room with two other guys watching. It was quite nice experience lol. There are dedicated steam / sauna place too, that are actually for more action and caters exclusively to gays. Of course, you expect more direct approach.

I also once went in Seattle, Japan and Cambodia, but they are also gay catered and specifically a cruising place.

I've been watching some korean dramas and appear that sauna/spa are quite popular and a lot used it to sleep overnight. I've also watch Tiny Pretty Things which shows a lot of skin in steam room.

I know it's a norm in sauna/steam room to have all your clothes off, but are there any countries out there who don't generally follow that? What's your story?

Renegade83

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There's quite a few theads on here about this and the rule seems to be European saunas are nude, most other places are not.

I live in the UK but have used saunas and spas in Amsterdam, Austria and Germany. In all of UK ones you have to wear a towel or swimwear (some will even eject you for going naked). In mainland Europe it's generally expected that everyone will be fully nude and sit on a towel.

hotdickcum

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There's quite a few theads on here about this and the rule seems to be European saunas are nude, most other places are not.

I live in the UK but have used saunas and spas in Amsterdam, Austria and Germany. In all of UK ones you have to wear a towel or swimwear (some will even eject you for going naked). In mainland Europe it's generally expected that everyone will be fully nude and sit on a towel.

I used to live in UK but never really tried going to sauna. Is sauna popular in European countries? I once tempted to go in a local gay sauna when I was in Cardiff but never dare to. I don't know why, I feel like at that time with my naive mind that it is mostly elderly people. But I change my mind when I was in Asia, with a lot of young men actually using sauna.

And that's really a bummer that you have towel in UK.

Reactions: Gj816

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In the US I find that the rule or custom is shorts or towel at gym and hotel saunas, exception being at _Korean_ Spas (Tampa's Shangri-la as an example of one) the _rule_ is fully naked except in mixed-gender areas. Kinda like their rule, keep it traditional :D

J2M00

Expert Member
Media
Washington City (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While traveling in Germany a few years back I was SHOCKED to find the steam and saunas were coed and everyone was nude. Even children. At first I was weirded out. But then said what the hell and just went w the flow. Towards later afternoon I JO w another dad in the steam when it was only is.

HunterGreen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm in the US and I've always been nude in the sauna. Most of the gyms I've gone to the past 20 years have been either old school, like the YMCA, or on military posts. Most guys usually have a towel wrapped around them at the Y. On base the deal is you lay the towel down to sit on it and then you sit naked.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My experiences in public areas:
Hot springs, developed, might have steam rooms. More likely for glorified hot tub areas. If mixed gender (wtf is up with coed? That means coeducational, and refers to colleges opening their classrooms), covering the”bathing suit areas” is expected. One sits on a towel, especially in wooden bench areas.
If single gender, most go “optional” so you can be in a bathing suit, only bottoms or fully nude. One local to me option is fully nude, but any given day is one gender or the other. (It feels Pre-op trans exclusionary. I should ask about that. Right now, it’s only available as a rented space, and maybe that can remain an option.)
Gyms, and I’ll admit my exposure is the park and rec gyms, require modest covering. In actuality, I’ve seen women making sure nipples and vulva are covered.
Far infrared saunas are one or two people, and they arrive together. They feel exposed, but aside from “park yer butt on a towel” one could go naked. I’ll do so if I have a reasonable expectation of privacy, meaning the workers can’t waltz through. I use them for deeper stretching as much as sweat treatments.
Sweat lodges depend on who and how they are run.

Reactions: Mister2101

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm in the US and I've always been nude in the sauna. Most of the gyms I've gone to the past 20 years have been either old school, like the YMCA, or on military posts. Most guys usually have a towel wrapped around them at the Y. On base the deal is you lay the towel down to sit on it and then you sit naked.
I agree my friend. If you want to be nude...or sit in a sauna or steam room without any cover, you can do this in majority of gyms, spa's and saunas in US. That has been my experience, although most have been closed for over a year due to pandemic.

Reactions: HunterGreen