Tom Cruise...Is He Really?

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nicole Kidman gave an interesting answer to a reporter's question around the time of their divorce:

Reporter: "Is Tom Cruise gay?"

Nicole: "I would bet that he doesn't have a gay life."

If this quote is true, and it would interesting to locate the exact source, then I think Nicole's reply says it all.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
If this quote is true, and it would interesting to locate the exact source, then I think Nicole's reply says it all.
"Says it all"? What does it say? It sounds pretty cryptic to me (possibly intentionally so) and wide open to intepretation. It hardly closes the book on the subject.

Albanyman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My favorite "Tom Cruise is gay" story is the urban legend that he was caught in bed with Rob Thomas. According to this story, Rob is also a Scientologist. Suppposedly Rob's wife threatened to divorce him and blow the whistle on both of them, so the Scientologists took control of the situation, paid Mrs. Thomas a few million dollars to keep her mouth shut and arranged for Tom to marry Katie Holmes.

Rob, who seems like a really cool, funny guy, denied the story, saying "I don't care if people think I'm gay; I just don't want them to think I'm a Scientologist."

thkandmuscl

Experimental Member
Media
An old acquaintance I knew some 20 years ago had a thing for "straight guys". He knew a great looking, well-hung, muscle guy in the military, self-identified as heterosexual, who on occasion would condescend to be orally serviced. This military guy was on leave in Hawaii, swimming in the middle of the day at a beach which didn't have a lot of people at the particular time he was there. A guy swam over to him and started chatting him up. He didn't use his name but the military guy clearing recognized that he was "Tom Cruise". "Tom" had been eying him from a distance for some time. One thing led to another and the military guy agreed to getting sucked off. This guy never admitted to anything else, and "Tom" apparently never would admit to being Tom Cruise, simply that they "looked a lot alike". My source was VERY reliable. As to whether or not his source was reliable, coming from a "straight" guy, why would he lie? I now live in a rural area. I understand the safety and security in mutual blackmail.

Another story one of you may be able to help me with. About twenty years ago, from a different source (an exceedingly reliable one) I was told a story. At the time I was told it had happened five years previously which would place the time sometime in the 1980's (???). This friend was working as an architect in Australia. He was just exiting from a gay bar onto the sidewalk one night and looked up at this guy walking toward him down the sidewalk. This guy coming his way was very impressive, hard not to look at, but I guess my friend stared a bit too intensely. The guy confronted him and said, "What the fuck are you staring at !" or something to that effect. My friend, who was not a big guy in comparison, said something to the effect of his being a great looking man and it was hard not to look. I asked him if he was nuts and he said he thought the same as soon as it came out of his mouth but for some reason he was nervous and didn't know what to say. It became apparent that the guy was drunk. My friend apologized and made excuses but the guy started following him. At one point the guy told him to follow him into the park they were approaching, and he would let him "do him". My friend, who had also had a few drinks, took the risk.The guy did let him do him and at one point asked him to his hotel. My friend accepted. The guy was an Australian football player. I don't follow Australian soccer or rugby so the name that came out in the story meant nothing at the time, and when I asked my friend to repeat it, he wouldn't. He said it was a slip of the tongue; he had promised the guy he would never mention his name. The name meant nothing to me so it went in one ear and out the other. I seem to remember Val or Lyle. He said that the guy at the time in Australia was to football what at that time Wayne Gretsky was to hockey (I'm Canadian what can I say). My friend fucked him.From what my friend told me the guy was a power bottom to say the least. He kept yelling, "fuck me, fuck me". At one point point the guy, who was still completely drunk or high, got rather threatening about it. He wanted it rougher. My friend got REAL nervous. He realized that this guy, twice his size, was out of control and at the end of it, if the guy turned, he could get the shit beaten out him. He told him he didn't feel as comfortable as he would in his own home and suggested they hop a cab and go there where he could really give him what he wanted. The footballer agreed. At one point my friend told the cabby to stop the car. He jumped out and told the driver that the guy was drunk just take him to his hotel. The footballer started screaming out the window something to the effect of. "YOU WOULDN'T FUCK ME,YOU WOULDN'T FUCK ME!" Some kid on the sidewalk said to his dad, "that was so-and-so!" His father grabbed his son by the arm and pulled him along. My friend just ran down the sidewalk wanting to get away as fast as possible. In same position I would have taken the risk and fucked the living daylights out of him. But then I would never had said to a straight guy walking down the sidewalk how cute he was. I have done searches on the internet in the past but don't have enough to go on. Was it Lyle or Val? Was it the first or last name? Was it rugby or soccer? The guy was a top player at the time. I don't have more to go on than that. I haven't spoken to my friend for close to twenty years.

Last edited:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't find Tom Cruise attractive so it doesn't really matter to me. If he were, it would be like finding out that Jimmy Durante was gay, which he was.

D_Harry_Pitz

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry, but I have to disagree about him being a good actor. Obviously, many people think that he is, but I think that he is the same character in every movie he is in. In fact he seems to have that in common with several popular actors. It is no longer necessary to have great ability as long as you can deliver monotone, balse', lines while facing certain death. (i.e, Tommy Lee Jone, Bruce Willis, etc...) Cruise is cocky, arrogant, and self absorbed. (Much like he is in real life, if the articles and interviews are to be believed.) Granted, he certainly knows how to parlay that into millions of dollars, but as for true acting ability, I think he suffers in comparison to many of the true hollywood greats.

If you saw Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder, you would change your mind about his acting skills.
OT: I read somewhere that it is still a VERY big taboo to out yourself in Hollywood. Proof: how many outed gay actors are there compared to the amount of actors? I don't know the number but it seems to me that it's considerably lower than the number of gay guys in 'regular' society.
This would mean there are a few closeted actors. An obvious pick would be Tom Cruise.

Reactions: Maninthemoon

117kenu

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think he is real hot and handsome, love his movies ,, love to be with him in risky bunsiness..................wow

vitaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder if we're asking the wrong question about Tom Cruise. The question shouldn't be "Is he gay". Perhaps the question should be, "Is there an unusually large difference between the public persona he wants to project and who he really is?" I think maybe the answer to that is Yes. So much so that he has a hard time playing the part even with his considerable acting skills. This is what the media has picked up on. I think he's taken something that everyone in Holywood does to a different level. Why? The underlying answer to that is not sexuality. It's religion.

D_Harry_Pitz

Experimental Member
Media
Hm, maybe religion too.
But think about it this way: It is known that there are considerably more gays in hollywood, than outed gays.
So if I said: you can pick every hollywood actor/actress you want, but you would have to come to this certain percentage. Who would you pick?
Tom Cruise would certainly be on most lists.