why do some white men hate briefs underwear

>Disclaimer=Not White. My initial, Mom-bought, undies were white briefs & were suitable for the Mediterranean climate I lived in. There is no correlation with a man's underwear length and sexuality. In countries with very cold weather I needed long thermal underwear or sweatpants for warmth. I found briefs to be uncomfortable and hot once I came to live in a tropical climate. That's when I ditched briefs in favor of the comfort & coolness of wearing boxers - or being nude.
i fully agree and appreciate your answer and opinion. and in my experience, i have travelled to many countries and have found people wear all different types of underwears and nobody even caring about what others wear, and i think that's how it should be.. thanks for your answer

• Love
Reactions: dreamer20
What an interesting topic, lol. Every man I know wears briefs, actually, I’ve never seen one who doesn’t. My brothers, my dad, my grandfathers, uncles, cousins, school/college friends, and all the boyfriends I’ve had. They’re all white.

It’s an interesting question, but I don’t think straight men find briefs gay. Maybe it’s just that boxers are more common and more comfortable.

In Latin America, a lot of regular guys wear briefs, especially in Brazil.

I guess since i grew up playing sports, i understand the right underwear depends on the activity. My fav is and always will be loose boxers but depending on if im biking, wrestling, playing soccer i have always worn bikini briefs or sometimes men’s thongs. I also wear a jockstrap but those are my least favorite type of underwear to wear.
thanks for your answer, i like your answer man and i think that's how our underwear choice should be based on our own preference and that could be anything.. but my question is do you have any judgement or bias against other people who wear briefs or smaller underwear or u straightaway think they are gay?, from your answer it seems you don't have any bias but still would like to know..

Is it your theory that all white men think that such underwear is "definitely" a sign someone is gay and that this universally shared belief is a "rule?" I'm just checking on how staunchly you stand behind such a preposterous premise.
thanks for asking for clarification man, I just shared what i have experienced over many years of living and visiting in different countries and meeting with so many people, but again i fully understand that world is too big to generalize. and please feel free to negate my theory, maybe most white men don't associate briefs with gay and they don't associate underwear length with sexuality for both men n women, and maybe it just so happened that the ones i met told me that coorelation, or maybe men from other races also think wearing briefs makes u gay but they never told me.. i fully understand that there are so many possibilities and i may be totally wrong thats why i thought of asking a question here and getting updated. i am very fine if at the end, i find that my assumption was wrong.. hope i was able to clarify a bit.

I guess since i grew up playing sports, i understand the right underwear depends on the activity. My fav is and always will be loose boxers but depending on if im biking, wrestling, playing soccer i have always worn bikini briefs or sometimes men’s thongs. I also wear a jockstrap but those are my least favorite type of underwear to wear.
also, what brands do you generally prefer when it comes to bikini briefs or thongs?

have u ever received any comments on wearing briefs?
In Ireland I feel it’s more societal, boxer-briefs are probably the most popular style, followed by trunks. No one I know wears briefs at all and you do get odd looks in the locker room (or changing room as we call it) if you’re seen in briefs - I’ve started wearing the Calvin Klein hip briefs myself and being honest, I think I’ve been converted 🩲

What an interesting topic, lol. Every man I know wears briefs, actually, I’ve never seen one who doesn’t. My brothers, my dad, my grandfathers, uncles, cousins, school/college friends, and all the boyfriends I’ve had. They’re all white.

It’s an interesting question, but I don’t think straight men find briefs gay. Maybe it’s just that boxers are more common and more comfortable.

In Latin America, a lot of regular guys wear briefs, especially in Brazil.
thanks man for your answer. when you say all the men you know wear briefs, it makes me wonder where do you live exactly? in Brazil and other south american countries, i agree that briefs are a common type of underwear and noone associates it with gay..

I would not associate them with being gay. I think the people that told you were generalizing.
agreed, and i really don't think that all gays would prefer briefs anyways, i am sure some do while some don't... just like many straight men, somebody here said most people in Brazil wear briefs, so it shows briefs is in no way an indication of sexuality.,