Youtubers Daniel Buyeske and Bonde Johson

Bonde is so hot to me, but (forgive if me this has been discussed) I tried giving their podcast a listen and was rubbed the wrong way when they discussed how they wished more masculine/straight men would do cheerleading so they would be more comfortable. It gives off too much ~toxic masculinity~ energy. This whole episode was problematic tbh

Screen_Recording_20240624_001842_YouTube.mp4

Bonde is so hot to me, but (forgive if me this has been discussed) I tried giving their podcast a listen and was rubbed the wrong way when they discussed how they wished more masculine/straight men would do cheerleading so they would be more comfortable. It gives off too much ~toxic masculinity~ energy. This whole episode was problematic tbh

View attachment 135588051

The issue is even overtly queer/gay-presenting guys who are attached to sports say dumb shit like this. You’d think being a male cheerleader would lead to less insecurities, less toxic masculinity and more understanding/appreciation of the gender, sexual, romantic, emotion, commitment spectrum. But you realize that guys who try to engage sports are often douche-y and insecure no matter their identities or dimensions. Hell, so many guys in general are incredibly driven by insecurities and validation.