Adult Circumcision Uk.

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi there.

I found this forum googling for advice on adult circumcision. Luckily I was drawn to a thread posted by @calvinkleinguy that was incredibly useful...

My Adult Circumcision Journey

Thanks calvinkleinguy. It really helped.

Also since reading and posting on that thread I have been private messaging a couple of other guys who have also undergone circumcision as an adult.

I am in my late thirties and due to have a circumcision tomorrow morning. This will be with the NHS in England. Long story short it is as a result of ballanitis causing phimosis.

I'm fortunate enough never to have been in a hospital as a patient and I've never had any serious medical treatment so I am a bit nervous about tomorrow, mainly as I will be going under a general anaesthetic.

I do like the look of a circumcised penis and have to say I am ever so slightly excited to see the result. Although I wouldn't have chosen circumcision for cosmetic reasons as I have grown quite attached to my foreskin in my time on earth.

Below are some before pictures and I hope to post some pictures alongside updates through the healing process as Calvinkleinguy did. I'm hoping this is helpful to someone - if anybody has any questions about my procedure feel free to ask.

Attachments

tallandslim67

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi man, your cock looks good and will look and work even better when you set your head free. I come across so many guys with the same problem that need to be circumcised. Don't worry at all about the general anaesthetic etc. One moment you're awake and the next you know it's all over and finished with. I'm not circumcised myself but my skin is a little bit tight and I'd prefer it was slightly looser but it's ok. Keep us updated on how things went etc or even pm me. Good luck tomorrow.

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi man, your cock looks good and will look and work even better when you set your head free. I come across so many guys with the same problem that need to be circumcised. Don't worry at all about the general anaesthetic etc. One moment you're awake and the next you know it's all over and finished with. I'm not circumcised myself but my skin is a little bit tight and I'd prefer it was slightly looser but it's ok. Keep us updated on how things went etc or even pm me. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks very much man.

Reactions: tallandslim67

hantsrob

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
your foreskin does look a bit tight but at least it pulls back. I doubt if RonEffinSwanson has ever seen his helmet!

tallandslim67

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
your foreskin does look a bit tight but at least it pulls back. I doubt if RonEffinSwanson has ever seen his helmet!
Yes, mine is a little bit tight but it's ok. Not perfect but almost.

Green-monkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi there.

I found this forum googling for advice on adult circumcision. Luckily I was drawn to a thread posted by @calvinkleinguy that was incredibly useful...

My Adult Circumcision Journey

Thanks calvinkleinguy. It really helped.

Also since reading and posting on that thread I have been private messaging a couple of other guys who have also undergone circumcision as an adult.

I am in my late thirties and due to have a circumcision tomorrow morning. This will be with the NHS in England. Long story short it is as a result of ballanitis causing phimosis.

I'm fortunate enough never to have been in a hospital as a patient and I've never had any serious medical treatment so I am a bit nervous about tomorrow, mainly as I will be going under a general anaesthetic.

I do like the look of a circumcised penis and have to say I am ever so slightly excited to see the result. Although I wouldn't have chosen circumcision for cosmetic reasons as I have grown quite attached to my foreskin in my time on earth.

Below are some before pictures and I hope to post some pictures alongside updates through the healing process as Calvinkleinguy did. I'm hoping this is helpful to someone - if anybody has any questions about my procedure feel free to ask.

Hey man, how did your circumcision go?

I too chanced upon this forum while researching about the procedure. Its been 3 years since my own circ, and its been quite alright.

Were you able to retract your foreskin at all previously? You might otherwise have to deal with an overly sensitive glans for a number of weeks.

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just got home from the Op.

still a bit foggy from the general anaesthetic but otherwise feel fine. No pain yet but I imagine the pain killers they gave me are still working.

The dressing fell off earlier and I got a look before re-dressing it. Looks as I imagined it might have done. - a swollen penis with the tip poking out a bit. There is some bruising.

If anyone knows how to keep the swelling and remove the pain I'd be interested to hear it!

I took a photo but not sure whether to post as it is pretty raw and I hope this thread will help guys rather than scare them... It looks so much worse than it feels.

Nerves over the GA were not necessary. It was exactly as tallandslim said. One minute I was awake, next minute they were waking me up to tell me it was all done!

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey man, how did your circumcision go?

I too chanced upon this forum while researching about the procedure. Its been 3 years since my own circ, and its been quite alright.

Were you able to retract your foreskin at all previously? You might otherwise have to deal with an overly sensitive glans for a number of weeks.

Thanks.

I used to be able to retract it before the phimosis but haven't been able to for maybe 18 months now.

D

deleted724068

Just got home from the Op.

still a bit foggy from the general anaesthetic but otherwise feel fine. No pain yet but I imagine the pain killers they gave me are still working.

The dressing fell off earlier and I got a look before re-dressing it. Looks as I imagined it might have done. - a swollen penis with the tip poking out a bit. There is some bruising.

If anyone knows how to keep the swelling and remove the pain I'd be interested to hear it!

I took a photo but not sure whether to post as it is pretty raw and I hope this thread will help guys rather than scare them... It looks so much worse than it feels.

Nerves over the GA were not necessary. It was exactly as tallandslim said. One minute I was awake, next minute they were waking me up to tell me it was all done!
I was given Codine and Ibuprofen from the doctor and was told that the numbness will ware off in about 8hrs so take 1 each of these before it does.
I did this and I was fine.
I'd thought I would wake up the next morning with pain as the pain killers would ware off during the night but I did. I was absolutely fine. It didn't seem like I had anything done so I didn't take anymore painkillers. I decided I'd take them when I need them and I did not need anymore after that
Although it didn't seem like I had anything done, I still took it easy when moving. Like getting on and off the sofa, getting and out of bed etc, just in case I pulled a stitch or something.

So I hope you are the same as me when it comes to the pain

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was given Codine and Ibuprofen from the doctor and was told that the numbness will ware off in about 8hrs so take 1 each of these before it does.
I'd thought I would wake up the next morning with pain as the pain killers would ware off during the night but I did. I was absolutely fine. It didn't seem like I had anything done so I didn't take anymore painkillers. I decided I'd take them when I need them and I did not need anymore after that
Although it didn't seem like I had anything done, I still took it easy when moving. Like getting on and off the sofa, getting and out of bed etc, just in case I pulled a stitch or something.

Thanks.

They gave me two paracetamol before I left the hospital and gave me the same advice as you, to keep taking it once every six hours and ibuprofen once every 8 to avoid the pain solid for the next three days. I had some of both before going to sleep last night.

Woke up in the night several times as I think I was getting an erection. There was a small amount of pain but I think that was due to the tightness of the dressing I put on it yesterday.

Other than that I think most of my discomfort is from the head rubbing my underwear as it is exposed for the first time, I managed to leave the dressing back from it so I could easily pee.

So far I haven't experienced anything unmanageable.

I understand what you mean about learning to aim again. The pressure is dramatic!

Reactions: Nexolaris
D

deleted724068

Thanks.

They gave me two paracetamol before I left the hospital and gave me the same advice as you, to keep taking it once every six hours and ibuprofen once every 8 to avoid the pain solid for the next three days. I had some of both before going to sleep last night.

Woke up in the night several times as I think I was getting an erection. There was a small amount of pain but I think that was due to the tightness of the dressing I put on it yesterday.

Other than that I think most of my discomfort is from the head rubbing my underwear as it is exposed for the first time, I managed to leave the dressing back from it so I could easily pee.

So far I haven't experienced anything unmanageable.

I understand what you mean about learning to aim again. The pressure is dramatic!
The the erections at night is annoying but a will get better.

I hear boxer briefs where they are tight enough to have support and didn't feel any pain/discomfort from to newly exposed head.
But I did feel this when I put a towel around and when going commando in jogging bottoms.

If you're wearing loose fitting boxers, try tighter ones.

D

deleted724068

Also, my dressing would never fall off. The nurse said it would but it didn't. Think it was due to the underwear I was wearing aswell

Reactions: deleted817718
D

deleted817718

You are a total inspiration. I have been wanting to get this done myself for a long time, but never gotten round to it. I really need to start looking into finding a clinic and booking an appointment soon!

D

deleted724068

If its medical, you will get it for free on the NHS. I went private for mines and my insurance covered it.

Reactions: deleted817718

RonEffinSwanson

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The the erections at night is annoying but a will get better.

I hear boxer briefs where they are tight enough to have support and didn't feel any pain/discomfort from to newly exposed head.
But I did feel this when I put a towel around and when going commando in jogging bottoms.

If you're wearing loose fitting boxers, try tighter ones.

Thanks.

I'm wearing boxer briefs. I have been making dressings with tubular gauze. Rather flatteringly I need size 34 which is meant for childrens limbs.

If I can tuck it into my briefs then the head discomfort isn't too bad as it doesn't seem to rub.

I mean overall there is very little pain at the moment. The discomfort isn't enough to really call painful.

I can't bath or shower until 48 hours after the operation but I am looking forward to having a wash.

As for the erections I have found that wrapping micropore tape in a ring, tightly (but not too tight) around the dressing seems to stop the erection from reaching full size which seems like it will be a good solution.

With the head sensisitivity, I have read that putting petroleum jelly on the tip can make it better but I assume that that is just delaying the process of the skin toughening up?

Reactions: Nexolaris