Has The Alpha/beta Male Stuff Gone Too Far?

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Same. Doesn’t bode well regarding my “we are indeed special” line. Also, gonna go look at some boobs. I can almost feel my opposable thumbs regressing...

You can never go wrong looking at boobs.

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media
These definitions are based on animal instincts (alpha/beta) .
Everybody should have the same worth. In my opinion, status or what society thinks of status should not be a indicator of the worth or value of a person. And I also do not distinguish people between that.

You can train yourself through specific techniques to respect everybody. If you dont like persons, because they have no status. find something you like about them or imagine they have a high status. After a while you respect everybody no matter the status. But you should also do that for yourself, so that you do not feel inferior to others, but also not superior. Just see yourself as equal. I think that is, what sigma male meant.

Reactions: deleted1074483

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I said.... alpha applies to wolf packs, and descends in a line to dogs.
alpha does NOT apply to primates (Source: Robert Ingersoll, primate researcher and activist, and good friend)

Quick opinion s

while humans are primates ... it’s not even close... we are way way different from any other animal spiecies

and our infinite adaptability makes any type of behavior extrapolation more of a fun game then anything that could be construed as a valid guild for behavior

that being said...(and this is something remember hearing and not something I’m an expert on)

Sooo here goes.... even in primates the whole alpha thing is a bit of a myth and general only accrues is closed systems, zoo, small reserves etc. and left in open system cooperation and compassion becomes way more imports

extrapolate to human.... repeat ..as a fun game

closed systems... prison yards, sports teams, cohort units

open systems .. doesn’t really apply

but the term is USEFUL

too
1. All hole corporate ceo type .... being alpha gives them an excuse to be a complete dick and explain away theier success to thier alpha traits... instead of the 400 million kick start they got from daddy

2. guys selling you info and books on how to be a “chick” magnet

3. explaining away treating others like shit and being over all sadistic

Hmmm I’m really liking this post...I’m gonna start trolling all you fuckers who I don’t like....but don’t cry trolling anymore losers.

I’m just being alpha!!!!

que my theme music bitches and smalls. .....cause I am out of here

D

deleted3200

I said.... alpha applies to wolf packs, and descends in a line to dogs.
alpha does NOT apply to primates (Source: Robert Ingersoll, primate researcher and activist, and good friend)

Turns out David Mech didn't draw distinctions between wolf packs in the wild and wolf packs in captivity. He has made an effort to walk back his original "findings" as its been observed thay wolves follow a similar family unit archetype to us where the parents can be seen as the "alphas" if that term could even be applied.

Meanwhile gorillas, chimps and other primates generally DO have one alpha. Im not sure if this is a captivity thing with them though.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Turns out David Mech didn't draw distinctions between wolf packs in the wild and wolf packs in captivity. He has made an effort to walk back his original "findings" as its been observed thay wolves follow a similar family unit archetype to us where the parents can be seen as the "alphas" if that term could even be applied.

Meanwhile gorillas, chimps and other primates generally DO have one alpha. Im not sure if this is a captivity thing with them though.
Bob says it’s a malfunction in captivity.

Reactions: sodominsane

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
from WeHuntedtheMammoth:
As noted wolf behavior expert L. David Mech, one of those who helped to establish and popularize the notion of the alpha wolf in the first place, explains on his website:

The concept of the alpha wolf is well ingrained in the popular wolf literature at least partly because of my book “The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species,” written in 1968, published in 1970, republished in paperback in 1981, and currently still in print, despite my numerous pleas to the publisher to stop publishing it. Although most of the book’s info is still accurate, much is outdated. We have learned more about wolves in the last 40 years then in all of previous history.

One of the outdated pieces of information is the concept of the alpha wolf. “Alpha” implies competing with others and becoming top dog by winning a contest or battle. However, most wolves who lead packs achieved their position simply by mating and producing pups, which then became their pack. In other words they are merely breeders, or parents, and that’s all we call them today, the “breeding male,” “breeding female,” or “male parent,” “female parent,” or the “adult male” or “adult female.” In the rare packs that include more than one breeding animal, the “dominant breeder” can be called that, and any breeding daughter can be called a “subordinate breeder.”

So the dominant male wolves – those whom manosphere dudes would still call the alphas – achieve this position not by being sexy badasses but simply by siring and taking responsibility for pups. To use the terminology in the manner of manosphere dudes, alphas become alphas by acting like betas. That’s right: alphas are betas. (For more of the details, see this paper by Mech; it’s in pdf form.)

Reactions: 1266025

Of course it has, I have never heard such crap. Yes monkeys, chimpanzees and other animal species has an alpha etc., but there is a reason we split from the evolutionary tree. How sad if PM or President was an alpha and the majority of their fellow people were omegas to serve and follow orders. No thanks. I don’t need an alpha or anything else.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The closest and best memory of the term Alpha Beta. is from the movie The revenge of the Nerds , where the Alpha Betas were a frat of sports jocks.. The Alphas made the lives of the Nerds hell, until they decided to stop being wussies and fight back. In the end the Nerds won control of he student government, and got the girls and I am sure, went on get et better jobs than the AB

upload_2021-2-20_6-4-49.jpeg
images
images
images

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Of course it has, I have never heard such crap. Yes monkeys, chimpanzees and other animal species has an alpha etc., but there is a reason we split from the evolutionary tree. How sad if PM or President was an alpha and the majority of their fellow people were omegas to serve and follow orders. No thanks. I don’t need an alpha or anything else.
No, primates do not have “alphas.” It is a canine aspect.

No, primates do not have “alphas.” It is a canine aspect.
Let's start at the top: The highest-ranking chimpanzee in a group is the alpha-male. These males climb their way to the top of the chimpanzee hierarchy, and the ways they choose to do so can differ with the personality of the individual leader.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
But we are pretty close to chimps and other primates. It's just ego and this narcissistic desire to be special that makes you think otherwise. Even you admit that we were even closer to some of our evolutionary cousins like neanderthals. There even other arguments you can make, but you can't make them without coming off as a Trump supporter, so I will stop here on that point.

The things you bring up that supposedly make us special aren't even all that special. Lots of animals change their environment to suit their needs and attach objects to their bodies to protect against the environment. We don't do anything that isn't already done in nature. Sorry, not special.

What you wrote about us, "hating it here" really proves my point. We're so obsessed with being special and unique that we hate the world that birthed us, because as long as we're here we know in our hearts that we're not special. That we are just animals. So we change the world. Going so far as to make it not only unrecognizable but also harmful to us. Sad. I wonder if this over-inflated ego also killed the neanderthals. Their existence was just a reminder that we aren't special and we can't have that. Genocide to soothe the ego. Depressing. If human beings are special, it's only because we're a special kind of trash.
In what ways are we ....pretty close to chimps?

Last night I eat duck flambé

Think about how different that is from any other animal and how far we are in behavior from them