Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a big pro and college sports fanatic. I'm a diehard Philly sports fan(Eagles,Phillies,Sixers,Flyers,Union,Soul,Temple,Villanova, ect.)but I'm a fan of sport in general.
I'm really into the history of franchises, stats of players,team salary caps,trade deadlines,hall of fame ceremonies,coaching schemes, and great athleticism.

I nerd out on novels..sci fi and fantasy,mysteries, non-fiction
Horror,i get lost and swept away when I'm reading.
But my one true love that i nerd on is..
Comic books,comic books and more comic books. From superhero titles to non superhero titles. Marvel,DC,Image,Dark Horse,IDW,Valiant,ect.
I've been a fan for 41years (I'm 45 now)
And i love how the culture has become mainstream.
I took a TON of ridicule,vandalising of my comics and getting my ass beat up by bullies for years when i was a kid for my love of comic books.i was wearing superhero t-shirts casually since the 80's
I look foward to every Wednesday when the new releases come out.
And i still stay on the hunt for older back issues of comics that i wasn't able to read when i was younger.
To me it's the best form of entertainment today.
There's a title out there for everyone no matter what a person is into.
From Horror to romance comic books offer such a wide range of genres and storytelling.
Certain comic books like the Fantastic Four and The Atom got me into science as a kid.
And I've met two of my closest friends of 30 plus years and counting from being mutual fans of comic books.

Reactions: 1209489

lms28

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

DiomedesXVI

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I get lost in wiki articles about anything astronomy. Hoping to get a telescope for our balcony so I can finally do some proper stargazing. If asked and given enough time to pick my brain, I can name all 88 constellations, and many of the old defunct constellations.

I create tons of D&D characters, though it’s likely I won’t ever get to play most of them. I just like thinking up odd combinations and creative backstories. Like a dark dwarf (a race that is typically evil-aligned) that was raised by flumphs (a race of telepathic floaty happy jellyfish-like creatures that are overwhelmingly good-aligned).

I nerd out over almost any books regarding foreign languages and their grammar. I don’t even speak Portuguese but I once bought a huge book of 501 Portuguese verbs just for the hell of it.

Nerd out over buying houseplants. Always had a love of botany and a house isn’t a house to me if it doesn’t have some nature plant life in it.

Lately been nerding out over true crime videos on YouTube. Murders, unsolved missing persons, and the like fascinate me. Like how do people ever get to the fibre of being to commit murder? How are people able to get away with such acts in a modern society where we’d like to think we are rather vigilant and advanced in terms of investigative technology?

The nerdy thing I like to collect is decks of tarot cards. I feel indifferent as to whether I believe in the mysticism behind them or not (used to be very into the belief back in the day). But now, I love collecting them, and if there’s a particularly important event on the horizon, I might use them. For example, minutes before I began the defence for my master’s thesis, I brought my most beloved tarot deck with me and drew just one card from it as a sign of “okay let’s see what fate may have to say”. My most beloved deck is designed with motifs of my favourite artist, Gustav Klimt. So all the cards are decorated in part with gold leaf. I have another deck designed with motifs of Salvador Dali.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been contemplating a way to express the pale blue dot in ink for awhile.

Probably one of my favorite quotes of all time. Actually, I think it is my all time favorite.

Sagan is a fucking badass.
Indeed he is. Hitchens is no slouch either, but not exactly a nuanced fella.