Kit Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Church is free, you realize.
Church is the most expensive thing in the universe. Partly because they take you for 10% and partly because it takes a heavy toll in terms of morality and self-respect. I'm not into spit but a spit fetishists don't run coversion "therapy" [read: torture] camps.

Church is the most expensive thing in the universe. Partly because they take you for 10% and partly because it takes a heavy toll in terms of morality and self-respect. I'm not into spit but a spit fetishists don't run coversion "therapy" [read: torture] camps.
My humor is wasted here.

I do not want to start another discourse about this but I think it’s interesting that Kit liked this tweet on twitter last night.

View attachment 76260001
It should be noted again, (not that it is supposed to matter but it obviously does,) but that when Kit was saying 'some people know my sexuality more than me' he was responding directly to straight/queerbating allegations at that moment.

But almost everyone took that quote and ran with it as it was implying he was NOT GAY. So even when he tries to discreetly clear things up a tad, it doesn't help. All evidence points to him being gay or bi. His comments could be taken as that he is gay but he has had uncertainty. Or that he is mostly straight but has had uncertainty and likes some guys. But what prompted him to respond was allegations that he was not gay or bi and was just baiting and he didn't agree with that.

The most clear things we really have is:
1: Before release Netflix said they specifically casted all the main characters to reflect the sexuality of the roles in real life (which was very much not spoken of after Kit was resistant to labeling)
2: Kit said his sexuality journey most closely follows Nick (when asked in a podcast which characters sexuality he felt most closely matched him)

The most clear things we really have is:
1: Before release Netflix said they specifically casted all the main characters to reflect the sexuality of the roles in real life (which was very much not spoken of after Kit was resistant to labeling)
2: Kit said his sexuality journey most closely follows Nick (when asked in a podcast which characters sexuality he felt most closely matched him)
point 1 has been debunked, that was not true. But the rumor spread enough that people took it as gospel lol

point 1 has been debunked, that was not true. But the rumor spread enough that people took it as gospel lol
They did cast as closely to IRL orientation as possible though; they've made that clear, while also acknowledging in interviews that they could not legally or morally demand to know an actor's sexuality. So several of the key castmembers are openly queer IRL, others are unknown or ambiguous. It's no one's business unless they make it so.

But I do agree with crunkly's post that Kit has consistently pushed back on any claim that he is strictly hetero. That may be an indicator of his own sexuality, it may be him reminding people he is a work in progress or it may simply be being an ally, we don't know. I lean towards Doors no. 1 and 2.

My humor is wasted here.
It's not that I didn't understand that you were making a joke, it's that I think your joke was built on a very false premise, the premise that there is anything to be gained by:

A.) Being ashamed of your fetishes while chatting here on this fetish website
B.) Going to church under any circumstances.

Reactions: yukeee
Ultimately, the only way to resolve this question of sexuality is if Kit himself speaks openly, so until that there's no use bringing it up.
However, I've seen several comments in Insta ridiculing or being dismissive of Jonathan Bailey, the star of Bridgerton, because of his sexuality. Apparently, Bailey cannot be considered to have good chemistry with his female costar as he isn't straight. If people harbour such casual homophobic outlooks, I can't blame Kit or other actors from not being open about their sexuality.

About the #1: I think in one of those youtube vids about the production of the series the director says something about it, that they wanted the casts to represent truely their characters. So it could be true for some of them because we know Kit first auditioned for Charlie but was given Nick's role.

Reactions: mEnSeEkEr
Status
Not open for further replies.