Shawn Mendes

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Circ rates for newborns in Cda have been in the low 30's% for quite sometime and are lower in the east to higher in the west, excluding BC. 31.9% in 2005 compared to 48% in 1970. Cited from the Canadian Paediatric Society. So there is let's say just in general without any 'religious' or family tradition overlayed SM has a 60/40 percentage for being uncut, born in Ontario, from the published data.
All this is 'just sayin'...
From Wikipedia
Shawn Peter Raul Mendes was born and raised in Pickering, Ontario, to Karen Mendes (née Rayment), a real estate agent, and Manuel Mendes, a businessman, who sells bar and restaurant supplies in Toronto. His father is from Algarve, Portugal,[3] while his mother is from England. He has a younger sister named Aaliyah.[4] He was raised in a religious family.[5]

Marine, Brooke (May 8, 2018). "Shawn Mendes Opens Up Before His First Met Gala About His Friend Hailey Baldwin, Being a Romantic at Heart, and His New Music". W Magazine. Retrieved November 6,2018. "Forever, religion is going to have a massive impact on people's fashion. It always has been and always will be," Mendes—who later revealed he did come from a religious upbringing—told W when asked how he planned to incorporate the theme into his look for the evening.

It now makes a lot of sense why he was triggered about the gay allegations. We all know how religious households view homosexuality…..

All to say he is probably cut

Reactions: 3403861

CanadianGuy2017

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Would he be likely to be cut or uncut? No idea what the circumcision rates are in Canada..
Here in Canada we have a mix of cut & uncut. We have a lower rate of circ than the U.S., but a higher rate than Europe.

As for Shawn, I lean towards him being cut based on numerous photos we've now seen of him where he has a VPL that appears to show a cut cock head.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From Wikipedia
Shawn Peter Raul Mendes was born and raised in Pickering, Ontario, to Karen Mendes (née Rayment), a real estate agent, and Manuel Mendes, a businessman, who sells bar and restaurant supplies in Toronto. His father is from Algarve, Portugal,[3] while his mother is from England. He has a younger sister named Aaliyah.[4] He was raised in a religious family.[5]

Marine, Brooke (May 8, 2018). "Shawn Mendes Opens Up Before His First Met Gala About His Friend Hailey Baldwin, Being a Romantic at Heart, and His New Music". W Magazine. Retrieved November 6,2018. "Forever, religion is going to have a massive impact on people's fashion. It always has been and always will be," Mendes—who later revealed he did come from a religious upbringing—told W when asked how he planned to incorporate the theme into his look for the evening.

It now makes a lot of sense why he was triggered about the gay allegations. We all know how religious households view homosexuality…..

All to say he is probably cut

I'm sorry, but I think you're misreading that. Unless someone has other information about his family's religion I'm not aware about. If they're religious and from a Portuguese background, they are almost 100% Catholic, and European Catholics rarely circumcise their boys. Obviously there are exceptions, and I'm not claiming to have any certainty here, but I think this would most likely point to him being uncut rather than the other way around.

Reactions: leviOHsa

qazedctgb

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Here in Canada we have a mix of cut & uncut. We have a lower rate of circ than the U.S., but a higher rate than Europe.

As for Shawn, I lean towards him being cut based on numerous photos we've now seen of him where he has a VPL that appears to show a cut cock head.
can you show me which pictures you mean? Because they are not there

Reactions: avocadotoasty

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry, but I think you're misreading that. Unless someone has other information about his family's religion I'm not aware about. If they're religious and from a Portuguese background, they are almost 100% Catholic, and European Catholics rarely circumcise their boys. Obviously there are exceptions, and I'm not claiming to have any certainty here, but I think this would most likely point to him being uncut rather than the other way around.
Ok

nick4zz

Cherished Member
Media
If you want the genuine answer it's about 50/50. If you want the fake answer they'll tell you that most of us are uncut, but it's plain not true. I was genuinely surprised as to how many cut guys I've encountered here, I'd definitely say depends on the family but for most part it's really 50/50

Indeed, it's not Europe like people make out it is. You never know what you're getting!

Having said all of that, University of Saskatchewan researchers, in a study published in the journal Canadian Family Physician, found that virtually all boys being circumcised in Canada, had circumcised dads. Virtually no uncircumcised Canadian fathers circumcised their son.

Also, by the time Shawn was born, apparently only 18% of boys in Ontario were being circumcised (so about 1 in 3 circumcised dads had their son done, and virtually no uncircumcised dads did the same). With Shawn's dad being Portuguese, where less than 1% are circumcised, it sounds very unlikely Shawn is.

Just to make this thread even weirder......

Agree about religion. European Catholic teaching that his dad would have had, which can be a little off in the US, is based on the bible. In Romans 2:28-29, Philippians 3:3 and Colossians 2:11 Paul discusses circumcision. Circumcision, rather than cutting off a foreskin, is a cutting off of the fleshly nature (i.e. sin).

Colossians 2:11 especially illustrates circumcision. “In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands.” This circumcision is not done by human hands but by Christ, in his act of dying the painful death we all deserve for our sins, to cut off (i.e. save) believers from this awful fate. And it is not just males. Christian believers of all genders have experienced this circumcision of the heart by Christ, says the bible.

If you believe that sort of thing...... but apparently Shawn's dad does.

Reactions: saintnugget