Do all the men in your family share the same circumcision status: cut vs uncut?

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
father and oldest son uncut , middle brother and myself are cut . product of the mid 60's babys . it became an automatic thing done and many kids then got cut .
Circ wasn’t exactly automatic but it was pushed and assumed because “everyone else is”. It was ultimately the parents that made the decision and gave approval. When the insurance finally quit paying for it the rate dropped some, and as other ethnic groups (e.g. Hispanic/Latino/Mexican) who traditionally don’t circ the % has declined from 98% to about 65%

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Had a friend whose dad had to get cut at age 20. He was uncut, but couldn't retract when erect at age 16. Lost track of him. Wonder if he managed to stretch it or get cut eventually. At that age, mine already could retract (started to be retractable hard when I was about 10.5).

Over the years, I have chatted with a number who had to get cut due to phimopsis, and either their dad was the same or their son was the same. Have to wonder about the genetics vs proper handling with frequent retrraction/hygiene. Can the later overcome the former?
Or are genetics not really at play and it is all in its handling and not teaching son to retract leads to problem?

It would be ironic if I met up with that guy and he woudl still be uncut with normal foreskin while I am now the cut one when at age 16, it was meant to be the opposite.
I had balantitis once , I was maybe 8,9? I was at summer camp, swimming in a lake, shy chubby kid (ok I’m chubby now again) and had never been in an open shower so I didn’t shower for a week. Counselor said that’s ok swimming is acceptable substitute for a shower, although lakes are not clean by any means. Actually I never had a shower growing up until I went to college. all we had growing up was a tub or sponge bath.

Reactions: diver6

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Dad is uncut, I’m cut at birth and left my sons intact. Youngest decided to get cut at 18 and he’s now 26. Oldest is 29 and still uncut. I’m an only child but all my cousins are cut too.
What did your dad say about you leaving your sons uncut?

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are the reasons for different circ status?

exclude examples where some chose to get circumcised as an adult. For those with different status based on the choice at birth

AmrothElros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As far as I know all the guys in my family are uncut but with 2 exceptions, one of my uncles who apparently had a bad zipper accident in his teen years and had to be circumcised, and one of my cousins who had a really tight case of phimosis.

doobiedoo

Expert Member
Media
No idea. Never seen my dad or asked. I am and my brother is. On my mom's side, I know my 2nd cousin and at least two of his three sons are because it came up. On my dad's side, I know one cousin, but I've never seen any other cousin or uncle or had it come up.
If my brother ever has a kid and it's a boy, I'd recommend he not do it.

Reactions: diver6

Pavlova

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am cut and so is my dad. I was cut in infancy due to having a really tight foreskin, my mum being told it would lead to painful erections in pubety. As far as I am aware my dad was done in infancy too for the same issue.

Not sure of any other family members being cut, certainly never saw any of them naked to find out.

uncuttexasdad

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am cut and so is my dad. I was cut in infancy due to having a really tight foreskin, my mum being told it would lead to painful erections in pubety. As far as I am aware my dad was done in infancy too for the same issue.

Not sure of any other family members being cut, certainly never saw any of them naked to find out.
All boys are tight at infancy. The skin is naturally adhered to the head to seal out bad things. There’s nothing to do until the skin is retractable (by the boy) at 6,7,8 on average.

Pavlova

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All boys are tight at infancy. The skin is naturally adhered to the head to seal out bad things. There’s nothing to do until the skin is retractable (by the boy) at 6,7,8 on average.

Well thats what I've been told the reason for it was and can't say I've had a problem being cut.

Jim_42mwm

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am cut and my sons are. My brother is and most of the men on my mother's side of the family seem to be (from the ones I have seen). My father is uncut.

What are the reasons for different circ status?

My father came to the US from Europe and circ was obviously less common than in the US. Never really wondered or asked why my parents decided for us to be cut. My guess is it was just the prevailing practice.

NY2NY

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Uncut with some exceptions. My cousin has a Jewish dad so he's cut and was the first/one of the first circumcised dicks I saw. I was used to seeing my friends uncut in the locker room, so wasn't used to seeing a penis with an exposed head and scar line.