This or that and what do you think.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@TexanStar called out female posters for making rape jokes about some Canadian guy just last week. And he's definitely made plenty of posts pro sexual equality over the span of his tenure here. Ask TnJ if I didn't immediately call her on some shit when she was new. She fully owned it, and earned the respect of her fellow posters.

You only see what you want to see, and disregard all that is alien to your delusion that everyone is out to get you.

Anyway. Stick to the topic folks. The topic is recipe videos. Isn't it?

Oh WOW!!!

That looks really good!

If you cast your mind back...WAY back I had a huge battle making aburage (twice cooked tofu pockets) for inari sushi.
Well the battle is still being waged.
I've destroyed enough tofu to make a mountain I can't jump over.
The chickens run and hide now when I dump it into their trough.
Just as well I can still use my failures in seafood mi goreng noodles and
it freezes well enough.

I can't explain it.
I grasped molecular gastronomy easily enough.
But this.....ARRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, what kind of vegetarian is he, how does he like to get his protein, and what kind of gadgetry is at your disposal?
He does eat fish sometimes, but I noticed that he chose vegetarian sushi the other day rather than the fish. He eats quorn (tvp. I don't know if you have quorn in America). He has said that he eats chicken once in a blue moon, like twice a year or something, but prefers to avoid all meat generally. I asked him for a thorough list of any foods he dislikes, and this was the information I got. He's not fussy about various different vegetables, he just eats them.
My level of gadgetry is not brilliant, but I do have a food processor. My cooker and oven are electric rather than gas : unamused:. Wish I had a deep fat fryer to do tempura, but I don't.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wish I had a deep fat fryer to do tempura, but I don't.
If you have a pot and some oil, you have the original deep fat fryer. It's better if you have a thermometer, but not necessary. Heat the oil, add a drop of water when it seems hot. If the water evaporates, it's tempura time. Even with electric, it should be doable.

One more question. Have you a slow cooker? No, two questions. Entree or dessert?

Oh WOW!!!

That looks really good!

If you cast your mind back...WAY back I had a huge battle making aburage (twice cooked tofu pockets) for inari sushi.
Well the battle is still being waged.
I've destroyed enough tofu to make a mountain I can't jump over.
The chickens run and hide now when I dump it into their trough.
Just as well I can still use my failures in seafood mi goreng noodles and
it freezes well enough.

I can't explain it.
I grasped molecular gastronomy easily enough.
But this.....ARRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Molecular gastronomy is like baking. It is straight-forward chemistry and physics. I had forgotten about the aburage. I've never had it, far less tried to make it. I had meant to track it down and eat it. Around that time, I started a new job, and then bought a car, and somewhere in between I forgot. Wow. In internet years, we have known each other forever. LOL

Reactions: Bonfire

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a vegan for years. I don't need someone like you to teach me nutrition. I asked her what HE chooses to use for protein.

LoL be careful your toxicity levels are rising. ;) Don't dislike me this much it's unhealthy for you. :laughing: LMAO.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LoL be careful your toxicity levels are rising. ;) Don't dislike me this much it's unhealthy for you. :laughing: LMAO.
Detestible men will be detested. End of. It is healthy to be repulsed by the repulsive. I don't need help knowing how to feel.

@swoon check out this video. A lot of it can be made simpler by making it vegetarian instead of vegan, but this is pretty much how I ate when I was a vegan. I looked for videos that were similar to how I cooked for myself at that time so I could know if the recipes were easy, affordable, and delicious. I would say I use a lot more garlic and a wider variety of peppers in my cooking. That's the only real change I would make to these recipes. I might also have a heavier hand with ginger, and sesame oil.

After watching, I want to know how many carbs are in jackfruit. Also, I want to play around with the concept of eggplant boats.

Reactions: 950483 and 693987

soren10

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Detestible men will be detested. End of. It is healthy to be repulsed by the repulsive. I don't need help knowing how to feel.

@swoon check out this video. A lot of it can be made simpler by making it vegetarian instead of vegan, but this is pretty much how I ate when I was a vegan. I looked for videos that were similar to how I cooked for myself at that time so I could know if the recipes were easy, affordable, and delicious. I would say I use a lot more garlic and a wider variety of peppers in my cooking. That's the only real change I would make to these recipes. I might also have a heavier hand with ginger, and sesame oil.

After watching, I want to know how many carbs are in jackfruit. Also, I want to play around with the concept of eggplant boats.

let me repeat myself , I REFUSE TO USE YOUR PAST AGAINST YOU, even if it can prove some of my points. feel free to consider it a threat when it clearly isn't. twist my words again. I DARE YOU.